Roller Coaster Tycoon or Sim Coaster?

SolGrundy, are you sure you’re talking about the same game? Sim ThemePark, in the US, was the 2nd in the series. Then came the sequel, which was named to Sim Coaster.

To clarify, Sim Coaster is the third in the series.

Oops, you’re right. Sim ThemePark in the US was Theme Park World in the UK (I’m pretty sure). I actually haven’t played SimCoaster, because I was so unimpressed with the first one and didn’t see any substantial differences in the new version. If the coaster-building hasn’t been made more sophisticated in the newer version, my complain still stands.

I’ve played both, and Sim Coaster is a refined version of Sim Theme Park. It addresses several of the issues you mentioned, including Coaster design; however, it is still not a realistic simulator. However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t some strategy involved. If the ride moves too slowly (which it would if one didn’t design it with some physics in mind), it won’t rate highly on the thrill meter and thus won’t attract many people, etc. Back to the OP, you can’t go wrong with either game, we’re merely nitpicking about various nuances.

RCT, hands down. Love it. :slight_smile: