Save a life by maiming someone?

See, if you’d set it up so the maniac said “Maim this guy or I’ll strangle this kitten” then you would have gotten different responses. :smiley:

Oh god, THAT would get us into one of those animal rights debates. You know, some people saying, “…but it’s an innocent KITTY!!!”, and others, “…it’s just a fuckin’ cat. If I have to choose between a human and a cat…”

Possibly an interesting discussion, but not the one I had in mind.

I would mutilate a human long before I ever so much as kicked a cute little kitty. Chances are the human deserved it anyway.

What about an ugly pussy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do you hate cats? :confused:

Oh. Cats… Yeah, that’s what I meant.

Oh, well, if we’re talking about, say, Steve Tyler …

Never. If he’s only maimed, I end up paying for his medical bills, food stamps, unemployment, etc.

No risk to myself? Sure there’s no physical risk but as others have mentioned I’m pretty sure that smashing a dude up with a hammer is not going to be good for my mental health. Not to mention possible legal consequences down the road. I say let him shoot the guy, but I’d ask him (very nicely) to take it outside my house first. I don’t want that mess to deal with.

Maybe if the hostage was innocent I could see myself taking the third option and attacking the captor, but that’s going to depend very heavily on the exact circumstances and what I thought I could get away with.