SCA & RenFaire Dopers?

You mean all you Dopers were at Pennsic and not a one of you stopped by Blue Feather to say hello?

Harumph. Harumph, I say, and harumph again.

:frowning:

Esprix

I wasn’t at Pennsic, Esprix. Had I been, I would DEFINITELY have stopped by.

O

Fighting What Since When?

I do apologize! I was pretty busy sweating it out in the Valley, trying to get my daggone tent and dining fly up by myself. I was actually a single camper this year (my clan chief agreed that it would be cool; he’s a great guy), as I sort of wanted an all-by-myself retreat vacation. I was very much a loner this year, but I really needed the time alone. As a matter of fact, I have a bunch of friends in Black Skull Clan and elsewhere that I only saw like twice the whole week!

I also tend to not like to bug people too much if I don’t already know them. Believe it or not, I’m pretty shy that way.

However! I will make an effort to meet up with fellow SCAdian Dopers at upcoming events. I need to broaden my horizons a bit. We should try and keep each other posted. :slight_smile:
And Oicu812, I’ll send you another e-mail this evening about Pointless, because the first one I sent this morning did indeed bounce back.

Hey! Any of you people remember me?

I mean, yeah, I really did wanna know something about the SCA, but hey! If you’re gonna snitch my thread out from under me, at least toss an occasional hello my way, huh?

Sheesh. You people.

(OK, really I just wanted to know if I would run into any Dopers in Bristol.)

Oops!

Sorry about that, LifeOnWry.

I guess we do tend to get carried away!

(Tuchuck Wenches really do tend to get carried away… usually over somebody’s shoulder!):smiley:

That’s better.

Carry on.

Sorry, last time I popped into this thread, I didn’t introduce myself properly.

Pennsic XXX was my ahem first SCA event–so, Esprix, I was unable to introduce myself to anyone 'cos I pretty much dragged my jaw around on the ground for three consecutive days. :smiley: I really wanted to be able to meet you and other Dopers, but I didn’t know that I was going until the last minute. Lucky for me, that hugecrazywonderful event is but only an hour away.

Post-wintertime, I’m hoping to hook up with the local SCA folx (that’ll be the Debatable Lands; though I have family in Trimaris and camped there at Pennsic). moi doensn’t do snowy events.

Ooooh, Creaky, yer a Tuchuk? (My mum will be sooo jealous that I–kinda–know a Tuchuck. She thinks y’all are wild.) I was superimpressed with the Tuchuk entrance to the fort battle the last Friday of Pennsic. Gave me chills. :slight_smile:

I’ve gone to a few RenFests, mostly in the Tampa Bay area, and one notable international experience–a festival near Munich. :slight_smile:

Sorry, had to say that. Anyway, I don’t live close enough to any RenFests to participate, but I do go to the one in Largo every year. I absolutely love it. And I miss Broon. He hasn’t been to the one in Largo for about 2 years, I think…Broon, wherever you are, we miss you!

Glad you liked it. :slight_smile: Like a lot of Pennsic-goers, our guys and gals are quite creative and handy with the toolbox. You oughtta see what we got inside! (Sorry, had to brag a bit!) Me, I’d split my thumb open trying to hammer a nail, so I generally get KP duty or watch people’s kids. The little Barbarian kids in buckskin sun dresses and leather nappies totally peg the cuteness meters… and I’m not even all that nuts about kids. But these kids are great!

I gotta admit, the gates at Tuchuck Camp are pretty cool. Before I became a Wench, I used to try and peek over and around as I passed by. It’s a closed camp pretty much 24/7, so of course I never really saw anything. Made me crazy!Verryyy mysterious, Doctor Jones!