Schoolteacher fashions and dating

Let me

[quote you in this thread]
(http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=6918283&postcount=68):

Instead of backing up your previous words, which really were in agreement with my OP, you decided to dig up a bunch of previous posts I made, just to take a cheap shot at me with the implied “he’s not good enough to land a decent woman.” Very snarky.

Of my four thousand something posts here, a tiny percentage involve my holding forth on dating. Scandalous!

My post was agreeing with Manda Jo in her statement about this woman’s clothing choices as a reflection of her character- there is clearly a compatibility issue between you two, but I don’t think this makes her ‘evil’ or socially retarded. And frankly, I’ve known too many teachers to think that this woman is very far from the norm fashion-wise, either as a teacher or a middle age woman. And from what you wrote, it seems as though she was otherwise well groomed and hygienic- it was just her style that turned you off.
Likely, she’s aware of what she’s wearing, what her outfit says about her, and the kind of man she wants to attract. By mutual agreement, that man isn’t you. No big deal, just move along. But you’re the one that seems to be offended that she’s not dressing sexy enough for you. Don’t associate her if you don’t want to…but it’s a bit smug (and here’s what raised my hackles, really) to act as though she’s either depriving you of something, or missed some super opportunity here. If she’d come to you for a job interview, maybe you’d have a gripe I’d go along with, as self-destructive behavior is one of my peeves, and my biggest beef with people that neglect their appearance. In this case, you were just two ships passing in the night. If I caught her bitching about you in this manner, I’d have the same response.

And I’m sorry if I’ve pigeon-holed you on this issue- it’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of you as a poster. You’re the guy who’s looking, but can’t seem to find, Mrs. Right. I’m very aware of your other posts on this board, but this scenario is where your personality comes through- on line dating, frustrations about women’s behavior, and fashion peeves. I still chuckle over ‘real estate hair.’