SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 13

I think giving the winner of the consolation bowl $2 more than last place is a pretty elegant way of solving that, and it does have some importance. I think it would result in the winner of the consolation bowl getting $122 instead of last place (since it is still 11 teams, just swapping one of their places)

Oh, yeah, duh. That would make more sense.

1.01 RNATB - Najee Harris, RB, Pit
1.02 Beef - Kyle Pitts, TE, Atl
1.03 Retro - Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cin
1.04 Jules - Devonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.05 Hamlet - Javonte Williams, RB, Den
1.06 Gaffer - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jac
1.07 Overly - Trey Sermon, RB, SF
1.08 Peteys -
1.09 Omni -
1.10 RNATB -
1.11 dale -
1.12 dale -

@PeteyPart2

That’s exactly what IR spots are for with the changes to the IR rules. It’s no longer a spot just for season-ending injuries, it gives NFL teams roster flexibility to keep players despite the fact they get unlucky with injuries.

Which the NFL realized was too punitive, so they changed the rules.

It’s certainly a good thing for teams that dont have deep benches and can pick off players from other teams hit by the injury bug.

What a perfect time for @PeteyPart2 to introduce himself to the league with a one-sided trade.

PM sent.

I find myself agreeing with both of you guys in the IR bench situation.

Lacking strong conviction, would 3 IR spots be the right compromise?

EDIT: It occurs to me that if I were trying to stash Akers until next year, I would be pretty gung-ho about more IR slots. I’d probably point to the old supplemental draft we used to do as a way to handle off-season and preseason injuries, and talk about how extra IR slots would sure help with that with no extra bookkeeping.

But then I think, if there were extra IR slots, would I have kept him? Probably, but I probably would have been annoyed about it the whole time. I’m very happy to have cut ties, despite rooting for him to come back in real life.

It was a consideration of mine in cutting him that he would be using up half my IR slots for the entire season right off the bat, but I don’t begrudge that. If we increased IR slots right now I wouldn’t complain on that basis.

But was that good, that a Cam Akers situation would normally cost you half of all your IR slots for the entire year? I don’t know.

I like that the IR slots are few, but I think I would prefer three to two.

And I haven’t lived in the Sunbelt since the 2011 NFL season as I moved to Chicago in spring 2012. But, I’m fine with keeping the divisions as they are. Just like the NHL has sold off the names of the divisions, I’m sure the NFL will do so too.

I wanted Trey Sermon. Let’s hear those trade offers for pick 8, boys. Keep in mind that I am pretty set at WR.

I’ve got a bunch of RB3s. Take your pick.

Said another way, it’s good for competitive balance.

Trade to announce:

HungryHungryHaruspex receives:
WR Mike Evans

Peteys receives:
RB Nyheim Hines

Peteys select Jaylen (And He) Waddle(d) (Away)

1.04 Jules - Devonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.06 Gaffer - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jac
1.08 Peteys - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Mia

@Omniscient you are up to bat

That trade didn’t suck for Jules.

I do like Waddle, though.

EDIT: Wait, Waddle was 1.08. So Peteys picks again at 1.10? New owner cleaning house, makes sense I guess.

EDIT 2: I have 1.10 as belonging to RNATB in my spreadsheet. Did I miss a trade? How did Jules trade it to Peteys?

All picks are my picks to do with as I please. I rule this realm.

Oh shit, Omni’s on the clock.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

You have to. You know you want to…

I took -5000 odds in Vegas that I knew who this pick would be, and I am certain to make money. Just do it, Omni.

Here’s a corrected list (I think?), including the most recent trade. All the previous ones had RNATB with 1.10.

1.04 Jules - DeVonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.06 Gaffer - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jax
1.08 Peteys - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Mia
1.09 Omni -
1.10 Peteys -
1.11 dale -
1.12 dale -

2.01 RNATB -
2.02 Beef -
2.03 Retro -
2.04 Jules -
2.05 Hamlet -
2.06 Gaffer -
2.07 Overly -
2.08 Jules -
2.09 Omni -
2.10 Justin -
2.11 dale -
2.12 dale -

3.01 Justin -
3.02 Beef -
3.03 Retro -
3.04 Ellis -
3.06 Gaffer -
3.07 Overly -
3.08 Peteys -
3.09 Omni -
3.10 Justin -
3.11 Jules -
3.12 Jules -

4.02 Beef -
4.06 Gaffer -
4.08 Peteys -
4.09 Omni -
4.10 Justin -
4.11 Jules -
4.12 Ellis -

5.08 Peteys -
5.09 Omni -
6.08 Jules -

Yup, it’s happening.

1.09 Justin Fields, QB, Bears

MY MAN! Okay, @Hamlet say something about it. Come on, let’s see some fireworks

I think Fields is the best QB in this year’s draft. I haven’t been able to fully scout the top 5, but Fields pops off the screen for me in ways the others don’t. Great pick for a team that needs a QB

No way!

I tried to get Jules to take him earlier since it would’ve been funny. Omni had 0 qbs on his roster.