SDMB Guilt

Bad keyboard! No canned air!

…It’s not really lying, since I used to work for the same company as voguevixen (at a different location, at a different time), and she’s sometimes there too. But we do know one person in common from work!

Yes. I know one. Pick a message board where a foreign language is used. Nor friends nor family will ever bother reading it… :wink:

Elliot Gould, is dat you?

:cool:

I used to be on here in the computer lab with my friends. (Back when I had friends . . .) Whenever they saw the banner with THE STRAIGHT DOPE they always assumed it was something to do with drugs!!! And I don’t do drugs!!! So I don’t know why they assumed I would be on some druggy website?!? :dubious:

I tell ya, the things I do to fight ignorance!

Wouldn’t it suck to be famous? Other people would talk about you, make up stories about you, and they would want to know what your SDMB name was. I bet you would want to post as a made-up name in a fictitious location. Just a thought.

I met someone in Narcotics Anonymous who said she spends a lot of time on her computer, so after the meeting, I gave her this web address and did a very brief explanaition of it. She didn’t say much and walked away. The next time I saw her, she told me she thought I was pushing a drug site. :smack:

I was pretty embarrassed, but it wasn’t until she said that, that I thought anything about the name would be a little weird to an addict.