SDMB Short Fiction Contest, September 2011 edition - Logistics Thread.

One hour and four minutes to spare, according to the hamsters.

Well done, xenophon41 and jackdavinci.

I could not start last weekend as I was swamped with work, now I have the time and just send the request for the words and material. We’ll see what I get in 60 hours.

Thanks you for all your work Le Ministre de l’au-delà!

Bah! I sent my email and started on the story, and then had to travel unexpectedly. Maybe I’ll finish it and add it to the anthology AFTER voting ends?

When people read mine, they need to remember, they only have themselves to blame for not voting. If you do vote, I’m sorry I couldn’t spare you.

Did you end up writing werewolf erotica? Remind me again how you got roped into that?

LKF: my first and only slashfic was werewolf erotica.

Wait, was the theme supposed to be erotic?

Anyhow, I just send my tale with a few minutes to spare, the edit always kills me, but I’m on these contests to learn, I do like even the hard criticisms I get as it drives me to get better.

Only kinda :slight_smile: Hopefully our MC will be back soon to post what fics have come in since the morning of the 8th.

GIGObuster, no. The threat in July’s anthology thread was if more people didn’t vote, a couple of us were going to write bad erotica. I said I’d write werewolf erotica as a follow up to my story for the first contest.

Okay, just sent mine off.

We have 14 stories as of this morning - one more to make it fifteen for two?

Fourteen stories? That’s a good amount–it is a record? What’s the most we’ve had before?

The record is still the very first one, from May, 2010, for which we received 20 entries. This month’s is the largest number since that time, however. And the writing is becoming stronger, in my opinion. (Well, okay, with one glaring exception, but let’s not make this about me…)

And for anyone who likes a challenge, there are still 6 3/4 hours before tonight’s deadline.

Ouch. Can we pretend in mine that the pertinent letter is a C instead of a J? As you can guess, I changed the name mid-stream and forgot that the new name began with a different letter. Oh well.

…paces anxiously…

^.^

Damnit, I just saw the thread at 10:22s

Okay, the poll is up and running - for those of you who haven’t already noticed, the Anthology Thread can be found here atthis link.