SDMB Slob Reform Club - April Edition

Packing is going very poorly. However, my thesis is going really well, so it’s quite the trade off.

I was curious, would anyone mind if I start next month’s thread? And should we generally rotate the starting, like the MMP and (I think) the weight loss club? Or is that too organized for us? :wink:

I certainly would like that. But beware that starting this thread hasn’t helped me to be more organized. :wink:

Throw off the chains of the Ungers, slobs and slobbettes! Defy the anal-retentive neatniks! Order and tidiness are for domestic fascists, dead souls who cannot thrive in the healthy and creative disorder of the genius!

Resist!

Honestly, I’m not expecting more organization. I just think I’d like to start the thread, and clear some of my “cleaning thoughts” out.

I’ll probably do a post in this thread with those thoughts too, but I’m a mental meanderer. May take a bit.

No worries, dude!

I doubt I’ll ever be on the level of Felix. I just don’t want to be confused with Oscar. . . the Sesame Street character that lives in the trash can!

Sounds good.

I just got back from a Buddhist meditation, so my first thought when I read “cleaning thoughts” was “cleansing breath”. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Okay. I started this post, and I realized, it’s just the OP for next month, I think.

Instead I will say that I’ve made good progress in clearing out books. But it sucks royally and I don’t like it. So the OP for next month will be my mental meandering on the emotions tied up in stuff. Or something. Call it “Philosophy of Cleaning 101”.

That way I don’t really have to clean. :wink:

I’ll say hi–but we were out of town for a 4-day weekend, and so I’ve mainly been doing laundry and dealing with that. I have a lot of laundry to fold now, but I also have the sewing bug really badly, so I’m mostly doing that instead. I got a pintuck foot on the trip, and I’ve been playing with it today!

BlueKangaroo, that sounds wonderful. . . I can’t wait for the OP next month. Have you read or seen “Organization from the Inside Out”? It talks some about the mental aspects of organization. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the subject. One of the reasons that I said earlier that I won’t ever be on the level of Felix is because I NEED my stuff around me or I get all uncomfortable and stuff. It’s also one of the reasons I’m cleaning up the office slowly. When I throw out stuff, I do it in tiny batches so I don’t feel like I might have thrown out my security blanket or anything.

And I did do another 30 minute cleaning of that room called the office. So I’m still plugging along with it. Yay!

I cleaned the fridge yesterday. That’s something like twice in three months. I’m doing well. Today, following my schedule, i’m going to vacuum and sweep.

I’m afraid to ask what elucidator’s place looks like. :smiley:

I did a lot of housework today, but not stuff I normally post on here. But I will tonight because I just wanted to say goodbye to this thread before **BlueKangaroo **starts off May with another one.

Today I ran the dishwasher, did laundry, changed the sheets, vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathroom and scrubbed the kitchen sink. Not bad for the last day of the month.

Alas, I haven’t had time for more work on The Office. But I’m looking forward to next month’s thread to post more of my progress there.