Sea Monkey Business

I must say I was always intrigued by those ads. It looked like the females had bare, human-like breasts. I always tried to get my friend, John to send away for them because I was too cheap and afraid of being ripped off. He did send away for the x-ray glasses and always insisted they worked “a little bit.”

StalacTite (t=top): . . . /

Stalagmite (the other one): . . /\

Ray (But most cave-at empty-or something, like no lime.)

Geez…

Stalactites hang on tight -
stalagmites reach up with all their might.

So there.

“The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them.”
–Mark Twain

I’ve taken a closer look at some of my beloved old Jack Kirby era Silver Surfer comics, and Guano has a point. While late sixties versions of the sea monkey ad are bereft of small print the ones from the seventies feature a small (very small, about 1/2 inch) black and white photo of an “actual sea monkey”. But balance that against a whole full-color page of merry covorting mer-people and it seems a little fraudulent.

As for the voluptous lady sea monkey lady that a few of you have mentioned, she is quite a hottie (in a sea monkey sort of way) and seems targeted to the newly pubescent male. That “Come hither” glance, the hint of budding breast barely conceled by a conviently placed webbed tail, those full, red, pouty lips…er,excuse me, but I have to be alone for a moment…

Inky

Inky quote,

That “Come hither” glance, the hint of budding breast barely conceled by a conviently placed webbed tail, those full, red, pouty lips…er,excuse me, but I have to be alone for a moment…
Please tell me your not going to “spank the sea monkey”

Ducking for cover…

Why? What exactly to you expect to be flying around here?

Liberty Science Center (humungous kids’ museum off the NJ Turnpike) sells “sea monkeys” in the gift shop today.

John W. Kennedy
“Compact is becoming contract; man only earns and pays.”
– Charles Williams

Never trust a species that gets its young through the mail.

Holg quote,

“Why? What exactly to you expect to be flying around here?”

Who knows? After an joke as incredibly bad as that, pies maybe?

This discussion would of course not be complete with a reference to the Sea Monkey Worship Page:

http://users.uniserve.com/~sbarclay/seamonk.htm

Nor the Sea Monkey Wall of Grief, where grief-struck people can go for comfort when their Sea Monkies pass away:

http://users.uniserve.com/~sbarclay/dead.htm

peas on earth

Does anybody really get all that attatched to those little bugs?

Stalagmites mite hang from the ceiling… but they don’t.

If anybody wants some, I just saw them for sale at the Discovery store for about twelve bucks.

Y’all go ahead and get ripped off by the comic book fly-by-nights! I’ll buy all my sea monkeys from an authorized Discovery Store reseller named Skull_Boy.