SEE "Eragon"? Hell, no! But how about READING it?

[QUOTE=Mtgman]
Unfortunately the parts which were good were not original, and the parts which were original were not good.
[/QUOTE]

Particularly pertinent for Eragon, considering what an intellectual property lawyer’s wet dream it is from the vast amount of plagiarism present.

[QUOTE=Mtgman]
Enjoy
[/QUOTE]

Any suggetsions how? I’m wondering if burning it would make me feel better about the time out of my life it has wasted…

[QUOTE=Mtgman]
Whenever I read a book like Eragon, and I have read it, I am reminded of the wise words of a literature professor upon grading a particular student’s paper. “The paper was both good and original. Unfortunately the parts which were good were not original, and the parts which were original were not good.”
[/QUOTE]
I thought this was by Samuel Johnson, but apparently it is apocryphal.

In the case of Eragon, were there any parts that were original?

I read it recently and I’m pretty certain nothing was. There are whole websites set up to tearing that book to shreds so if you wanted you could probably get a full breakdown of just how plagiarising Eragon is.

Check this site for a good place to start.