Seized bolt question

Don’t forget that careful use of a torch can also help to anneal the broken easy-out, enabling you to drill it and have a second go at increasing your profanity collection. For that, I’d suggest cobalt bits, lubrication, and slow speed. Search for a tool and die supply house to purchase Co bits in fractional and wire sizes.

I just checked Wiki under “fucked” it had a link to this thread.

To borrow a line from Kenny Rogers

It may well be time to take this to a pro and have it removed via EDM (assuming the bolt is large enough)
Since this is the passenger footpeg, you can ride the bike down to a couple of automotive machine shops, and get some opinions.
If however you are dead set on doing it yourself, get either some cobalt or Titanium drill bits. Anneal the bolt first. Drill slowly, and be prepared to make a god awful mess of things.
Look around for those time-serts I linked to in my previous post. You are going to need them.

Using an easy out is never easy, if the bolt to begin with was seized with rust and corrosion and temperature contractions over the years. If the original head couldn’t do the job, what is an easy out going to do but break, as evidenced?

If the bolt is still sticking out, find a welder! The welder should be able to attach a nut onto the broken stud, and weld it on. The heat alone from the welder is usually sufficient to help losen the stud. Then, wrench it off! I did two of these recently during a header install on my car. The old manifold studs were broken off and I used a wire feed to weld the nuts on and they wrenched out quite easily. Even if the stud is flush with the surface, a competent welder should be able to get some material on there with a stick welder.

Note though, if you’re going to do the welding, practice welding a nut onto a bolt to get the correct wire speed and voltage to make a secure weld. If someone else is going to do it, have them bench test the weld first. Once the settings are correct, then attack your problem.

Hey, easy outs works somtimes. But in my experience, welding these suckers off works better.