[QUOTE=Captain Amazing]
Well, yeah, that’s what Romney’s problem really is…the fact that he ran in the past as being pro-choice and pro-gay rights, and now he’s totally changed those positions around.
[/QUOTE]
Wonder if the religious conservatives will buy a “What happens in Massachusetts, stays in Massachusetts” line. ![]()
Brownback was on the ABC Sunday Morning show. He was talking about how all life is sacred, and it sounded like he was against the death penalty. To paraphrase, he said something like “I believe all life is sacred, whether it is an unborn child, an AIDS orphan in Africa, or a man in prison.”
While I despise Brownback and his ilk, it is nice to finally see one of these “life is sacred” jerk-offs actually take a consistent position WRT the death penalty. (If he is indeed against the death penalty, he didn’t say explicitly but it sure sounded like it.)
I don’t think he’s against the Death Penalty. I don’t have much time to look, but at Sam Brownback on the Issues they say he “strongly favors” it. I don’t know where their information is from.
It also says he’s a Methodist, not RC.
[QUOTE=jsgoddess]
I don’t think he’s against the Death Penalty. I don’t have much time to look, but at Sam Brownback on the Issues they say he “strongly favors” it. I don’t know where their information is from.
It also says he’s a Methodist, not RC.
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, then I wonder WTF he was talking about.
[QUOTE=Don’t Call Me Shirley]
Hmm, then I wonder WTF he was talking about.
[/QUOTE]
Hmm. Honestly, it looks like he’s a little vague on purpose. From here
The blogger also says
He’s saying “culture of life” but then saying, “IF the DP is against that…”
[QUOTE=Evil Joe]
What is ATMB?
[/QUOTE]
About This Message Board, the SD forum for technical issues with the boards.
[QUOTE=Captain Amazing]
Well, yeah, that’s what Romney’s problem really is…the fact that he ran in the past as being pro-choice and pro-gay rights, and now he’s totally changed those positions around.
[/QUOTE]
He’s gotten used to answering that one with the “I’ve learned and grown” dodge.
Here is the footage that’s been making the rounds of his 1994 debate with Kennedy.
Dana Milbank in this morning’s WaPo:
Doesn’t prove anything, of course, but apparently I’m not the only observer who sees this opening.