Sequels that are better than the originals

Toy Story 2 was much better than the primero. An excellent movie that works on many levels.

For my money, Cameron’s Aliens is far superior to Scott’s Alien.
I think most of the James Bond movies are superior to Dr. No, the first.

Evil Dead 2 was better than Evil Dead. Honestly, Army of Darkness was the best of the three movies, but I just enjoy ED2 a bit more. I know they are a trilogy, but they weren’t planned on being so, so they count as sequels.

Jason X was the best of the Friday the 13th movies, only because it didn’t take itself seriously.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was a bit better than the original. At least, animation wise.

OK, so that’s how you get 4,500 posts!

Damnit! Sorry about that!

I think CalMeacham’s second reply was better than his first.

But not quite as good as his fourth.

Highlander II: The Quickening.

What? Why is everybody looking at me like that? What are you doing with those pitchforks?

Some have already been taken, but here are my picks:

Aliens
Terminator 2
The Empire Strikes Back
Superman II
Mission Impossible 2 (not that this is saying much)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

HE HAS SPOKEN OF THE SEQUAL THAT DARE NOT BE NAMED!!!

Kill him! Burn the heretic!

Ditto. I also think Blade II was better than Blade I

Re: James Bond. . . .Does anybody know if From Russia With Love was a planned sequel to Dr. No? If not, than I include that one as well. From Russia With Love remains my favorite Bond film, and the best one made, in my opinion.

Plus a lot of the ones already mentioned: Star Trek II, Terminator 2, Superman II, etc.

I loved Toy Story. I thought it was wonderful.

I really really loved Toy Story II. That scene were the toys are crossing the busy street gets me every time.