Sesame Street Appreciation Thread!

I was Tivo’ing Sesame Street Unpaved for a while (kept filling up the disc before I could watch 'em) - does anyone remember “Lower Case n”?

Talk about TRIPPY!

“Lower case n sitting on a hill
(mumble mumble mumble) and the wind is very still”

Another lower case n (from space) comes to visit her - the song ends
“lower case n - she’s not lonely any more”

Milton, The song is “I don’t want to live on the moon.” I have it in the Sesame Street Song book.

From memory:

I’d like to visit the moon.
Build a rocket ship high in the air.
I’d like to visit the moon,
but I don’t think I’d like to live there.

etc…

I’d like to look down at the earth from above
but soon I’d miss all the places and people I love
Although I might like it for one afternoon
I don’t want to live on the moon.

etc.

There was also a stanza about living under the sea.

That one and “If I were a poet” are my two favourites currently. I don’t have my book handy so I can’t tell you the composer but Jeff Moss (I think that is correct) wrote a whole lot of the Sesame Street songs. There were about 4 main composers if I remember correctly. They rock!

HUGS!
Sqrl

What a wonderful thread! Reading everyone’s favorites gave me a chance to hear them all again in my head - if only I could see them too.

Much agreement for:
Ladybug’s Picnic
lovely eleven morning
a loaf 'o bread, a quart 'o milk, and a stick 'o butter
“It’s the plumber. I’ve come to fix the sink.”
I, I, Capital I
Lower case n (the music always reminded me of some other song)
Ernie with the Sheep (Dance Myself to Sleep)

And I also really really like the Teeny Little Superguy, although I don’t remember his being a part of the show when I first watched it (thirty years ago). “You can’t tell a hero by his size, I’m just a teeny little super guy!”

I loved almost all of them, but some of my favorite animations were the stop action ones that used real objects - like the kitchen items in TLSG. I remember one in particular where a citrus fruit - an orange, I believe, or maybe a grapefruit - with very expressive facial features came out on stage and sang an aria from, if memory serves, “Carmen.”

BTW, Guy Smiley hosted several different game shows, and he appeared under different names on several more. I remember him well as Pat Playjacks hosting “Squeal of Fortune”, with a big pig that spun around on a WOF type wheel. It was hilarious. I believe the Count was the winner of the game (the object of which was to count the pig’s squeals). I also remember him doing “This Is Your Life” more than once, and the “Mystery Guest” sements, which were great.

Thanks for all the smiles.

This post brought to you by the number 12.

The lyrics are here, along with most if not all of the other songs.

You can also get it on a video called “The Best of Bert and Ernie”. I can’t get the link to work, but it’s on Amazon.

That’s right up there with ‘Rebel L’.

My favourite SS song of all time was that one that was appeared to be loosely based on that old Isaac Hayes song, ‘Shaft’. You know, where Cookie Monster was singing about how much he loved cookies, and the backing singers were singing “He’s shaggy and blue and he knows how to chew <insert wah-wah guitar> COOKIES!”.

Can you dig it? :smiley: