Sheryl Crow, Aldous Huxley and being remembered in death

So did Thomas Jefferson’s death overshadow John Adams’s, or did Adam’s death overshadow Jefferson’s?

yes.

[actually, as I think about it, I guess I would say that the death of those two Founding Fathers was more a (sorry for the black humor) “Perfect Storm of Death,” i.e., the love the nation felt for both and them both dying, on July 4th no less, pretty much pushed everyone in the country into a fit of Patriotic Mourning and Hero Worship™…

That’s going to be my new conspiracy theory. Brian Epstein had Kennedy killed to promote the Beatles.

That’s IT!!! LNemo - you are a Suuuuuper-Genius (a la Wile E. Coyote). Think of the way this fits:

• Kennedy was friends with Frank Sinatra, and Epstein clearly wanted to make sure that rock n’ roll stayed popular

• Grassy knoll? Multiple shooters? Clearly the Fab Four were on grass, came over to Dallas helped Lee Harvey Oswald - and remember with LHO’s links to Russia, all of a sudden Paul’s “Back in the USSR” starts to make a whole lot more sense (nudge nudge wink wink)

• All of that back-masking on the later albums are clearly related to this - none of this “I buried Paul” crap - maybe it was “The Grassy Knoll” or something like that. And who knows what to make of the “Everybody’s Got One/Everybody Smoke Pot” chant at the end of I am the Walrus - seems fishy.

Wow - a whole new unexplored territory for conspiracy theorists. I wonder if you cue up the White Album to play with Zapruder film if the answers become all too clear… :dubious:

Aldous Huxley died on the same day as C. S. Lewis?

Of course, I never finished Brave New World, but I did finish Out of the Silent Planet, & find The Case for Christianity disturbingly seductive, so Jack Lewis figures larger in my mental landscape than all Huxleys combined.

With John Peel and his mate Bob in place as the backup for Ruby, no doubt.