Shit-eating douchebag goatfeltching referee motherfuckers blow the game

neuroman, is it possible that the ball was seen to have crossed the goal line before his elbow made contact with the turf? IOW, did Alstott have forward progress which enabled the ball to cross the goal line before he was brought down?

I’ll add a dimension to this that may add to your opinion: Mike Alstott is a demigod to the folks at RayJay. Go to that stadium (as I did yesterday), and you might see more #40 jerseys than all others combined.

The Al-Stott chants started with the first penalty after the TD, and were very loud after the second. The crowd went nuts when they lined up for 2 with Alstott in the I. I tend to think that NFL officials aren’t prone to intimidation, but YMMV…
Then again, FWIW, I think Alstott is one of the most spectacularly overrated players in the league, so there’s my bias.

I actually missed this game, because I had other things to do and had my heart broken the week before. Turned on the tv in the third quarter, saw Brunell throw a long pass to Moss, then Betts turn a short throw into a touchdown. Which put the Skins up 27-21 (or 28-20? 28-21?) and said, screw it, I’m not letting them do this to me again. Turns out I should have left it on.

Neuroman, FWIW, at least one of the local sportswriters said that it was a questionable call, but ALSO said that Ladell Betts was clearly OOB on his touchdown kickoff return. Freakin’ refs, whaddya gonna do?

The worst part is, when we got the tickets for a game at the beginning of the season, I was lobbying for taking tickets to the Redskins game because I thought it would be a better matchup. I’d slap my buddy if it weren’t for the fact that he did come up with the tickets.

Brother, I feel your pain. Oh how I long for the glory days of the 80s.

I’m just glad we beat the Eagles last week - I’m trapped close to a bunch of Eagles fans and I got to lord it over them.

Alstott wasn’t “pushed back” in any sense - his progress stopped short of the goal line.

Fox came up with an excellent angle on the kick return, and it looked good, though I’ll grant you it was close.

Bitch, moan, complain, and if I still have time, maybe bitch a little more.

Fuck the Refs for making me root for the damn Eagles tonite, just so the division stays close!! Had they done their job and made the right call, the 'Skins win and I could be watching tonites game just hoping for some season ending injuries to both teams!*

*well not really hoping…but I wouldnt have cried if it happened.

My analysis of the OP:

1 Shit-eating
1 motherfuckers
2 fuckeds
1 un-fuck
2 fuckings
4 fucks
Plus
1 douchebag
1 goatfeltching

Conclusion: Not enough cursing. Plus a lot of candy-assed whining about the Waaaaaaa-shington Redskins.

On today’s PTI they showed the replay with half his foot (the heel half) clearly out of bounds.

Any links to video of either Alstott’s 2-pointer or Betts’ TD return? I missed most of the game while enjoying an evening with friends, and caught the last 3.5 minutes on the radio on the drive back to my in-laws. So I didn’t see nothin’.

Ah, Joliet Catholic.

Though his elbow was indeed down (which I finally saw late on Monday), during the replay it certainly “looked like” he was in. (Just like it “looked like” Betts was out.) Hosed? That is how the game works sometimes (ref: Bert Emanuel).

Win or lose Alstott has been a hero to all of us, year after year, and a total stud.

For the sore losers out there, I rub the Redskins’ loss in their collective faces, clockwise. Maybe if your team changed its racist moniker, their karma will improve?

So the Los Angeles Angels were named by a Satan-worshipper? Or the New England Patriots by someone who hates America? Clue me in here - I’m trying to get my mind around this concept of insulting a group by naming a pro sports franchise after them.

I’m on your side here, but I think he may have specifically been referring the word ‘redskin’, thinking it’s some sort of slang racist word. Kind of like calling you or me ‘whitey’. Not sure of the origin of ‘redskin’ so I shant comment further.

RTA, fuck right off and take your hijack with you.

Well, it didn’t look like his heel was down. Yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous, although it’s not totally absurd that Betts might make an unusual step when he was cognizant of how close he was to the line. Did PTI give “equal time” and show the replay of Alstott’s 2 pt conversion as well?

Anyway, just because the refs blew (IMHO) a close call doesn’t mean the Redskins can solely point to that as the cause of their loss. drmark2000 was right when he said that to win you also need to overcome bad calls, and there have certainly been worse ones than this.

That doesn’t mean I won’t continue to work myself up into an irrational lather anytime I feel like one of the teams I root for has been short-shrifted. That’s what sports is all about!

Hey, I didn’t see the game, but wasn’t there about a minute left in the game? What happened after Tampa kicked the ball to the 'skins?

If the Fox NFL announcers are like the MLB ones, I wouldn’t trust their opinions of their own names.