Shooz

If you don’t mind my asking, how would they know if you’re wearing underwear or not?

Only if the rhino were also barefoot.

Noooooooooooo! :smiley:

Well, for one, my supervisor passes her time at boring presentations looking at the presenter and trying to figure out “hmm, boxers or briefs,” so I assume she’s checking people out.

Two, I train at the company gym, five days a week.

There’s sensible and there is sensible. When I worked at Biosphere 2 I rarely wore long pants to work. Uniform of the day was usually Tevas and one of my Escher t-shirts. After I decided to get a haircut* and get a real job I had to accomodate standard business wear which fortunately is usually polo shirts and chinos in the summer. I used to wear roper boots everywhere which are perfectly acceptable as dress shoes but I’ve gotten to favor tassle loafers since I have to fly on a regular basis for consulting gigs and they’re much easier to slip on and off and security.
*no shit. I had a ponytail to the small of my back and it wasn’t a mullet, long from the crown all the way back. My mom still has it in a drawer. A crowd actually gathered at the barber shop to watch them cut it off.

… What forum are we in cracker jack? Of that’s right IMHO… :rolleyes:

Well, foot fungus, someone might drop something on your foot, etc. I once got in trouble for wearing open-toed birkenstocks to work when I was in high school.

Are you saying that you weren’t sincere in your offer for an essay? That seems a bit like bait and switch to me. Anyway, I will also assume (as you are so deft at the proper placement of posts in their forums) that you intend the term “crackerjack” as a complement, and not an insult of any kind.

So, In My Humble Opinion, shoes are pretty much silly to wear unless you are actually walking around places where your feet need protection. It is further my humble opinion that people that are all hung up on “professional” attire need to get over it.

I would be most interested in the back story surrounding the person that complained.

…So a question to you is an offer? What a fantastic life you must lead.

I meant it as an insult. I hate cracker jacks too! WTF? Snark for snark.

Push You Down, I was never snarking or insulting you here. That is for the Pit alone. Jeepers if anything that I ever posted came off that way I am ever so sorry.

Why is it, that by the time I think of something to contribute to a thread, I come back and find that it’s been hijacked to hell and back?
Push You Down and Binarydrone I’m smacking you both on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

As for the OP, you may want to consider Water Shoes. My son used to wear them in the Summer, because his feet were too ugly for sandals.

Don’t forget, those dress codes are written for the boobiful types too. If you’re ever in the position of having employees complaining that Skanky McToosmallshirt isn’t wearing a bra and they’re all icked out by it, handy to have the ‘must wear underwear’ clause to back your ass up when you lose the ‘who has to tell her’ contest.

Good luck?

Well, my workplace isn’t exactly prone to flooding. :smiley:

So do these “breathe” well? I want something that won’t trap heat and make my piggies sweat.

“Muh dawgs can breathe! I can go to school!!!”

sorry. 70’s flashback. carry on.

They’re mesh on top with some of that cushy nylon stuff around the edge. The soles are like a thin athletic shoe. They’re made to dry fast after getting wet, so they are very breathable.

http://www.drmartens.com/

Go to the sandals. They’re not the most elegant of footwear, but they are INCREDIBLY comfy. They also look more shoe-like and sturdy than Birkenstocks.

I have a pair of the 8209 model, which I’ve had for 4 years and wouldn’t part with, and when I was at school used to wear the 6 hole black shoes (the kind British policemen and women wear).

Many styles are unisex and most go from a UK size 3-13.