Show Some Love For David Gilmour!!

Semi-review of Live in Gdansk (I’ve only seen Astronomy Domine, Echoes, Wish You Were Here and some of the “Barn Jams” so far):

A bittersweet experience, seeing Dave and Rick together, both performing so well. The Gdansk performance of Echoes (there’s an acoustic version, too) is a poignant, fitting tribute to Rick. He is at ease, happy, and playing his heart out. There are split-screen shots of the two of them, they are so*** in tune*** with each other. The jam sessions, recorded less than six months later, feature some tasty stuff, but Rick is clearly ill. Hard to watch right now.

Back to the guitarist at hand: Dave has played sideman to a couple of other notable musicians. In 1985 he worked with Pete Townshend on the "White City"album. In '99, he worked with Paul McCartney, and can be seen playing rockabilly on the “Live At The Cavern Club” DVD. (w/Ian Paice on drums!)

Jesus, on Remember That Night, Dave and Rick shared so many little “secret smiles” and it just shredded my heart every time. It was especially bad when they did Time, and Rick was doing his lines. You all know from previous “weepy” threads that I cry at anything and everything, but this was just too much.

No luck on the new stuff yet; will wait a few days and try again.