Shows that Ended with a cliffhanger.

Hey now, I liked “It’s Your Move” - well, as much as a young kid could back then. I mean, come on, the woman who played the mother on the show? Hubba hubba. I think she was also in “My Tutor”, but with less clothing. Um, anyway, yes I recall being pissed off that we never got to see if Jason Bateman pulled off his fake “Dregs of Humanity” concert.

I didn’t like the way Quantum Leap ended - I felt the last episode was rushed, and that it left us thinking that Sam went off in search of harder missions (a.k.a. a movie version) but then… nothing…

Don’t forget ALF!

(Later resolved in a tv movie… I guess.)

Whatever happened to Dark Skies and American Gothic?

DS seemed to run out of gas near the end of the first season, they slapped a lameass last episode on in which our main character gets on board an alien spacecraft to rescue his “son”, and then Jeri Ryan went off to Voyager. Similarly, did American Gothic continue past one season? I was enjoying that, in a strange kind of way…

May the creators of Google dwell for eternity in paradise with 72 virgins:

http://members.tripod.com/~Rover_Wow/tvcliff.htm

And may the creator of that page put down the remote, get his soft, pasty butt out of that chair, and get outside more often.

Recently, there has been The Lone Gunmen, where the boys are caught deep in a shadowy government installation. The elevator doors open, catching them flagrante delicto. Several men with SWAT-type gear surround them, and the show is cancelled.

Not too surprising, really, as the program never broke out of mediocrity. File it in the “could’ve” pile.

amen! i think it went on about a season and a half too long! what a stinker! like a nasty car crash, you really know better than to watch, but you are strangly pulled in…

after “lost hiway”, i think i have had enoungh to been “de-lynched”

Now and Again, one of CBS’s best science fiction show ever, featuring John Goodman’s brain in superman Eric Close’s body. The final episode had The Eggman, superman’s first case, escaping from jail with help from a criminal played by Mick Foley–for that alone the show ruled!!–after Egg killed every other person in the jailhouse. Meanwhile, the superman was being chased by his maker played by Haybert and his posse after the superman figured out that he was about to be reprogrammed and his (John Goodman’s) wife was about to be killed. Then it was cancelled without resolution. Aww.

At about same time, they also killed Viper, which was ten times better than Kight Rider, over at NBC. What was really frustrating was that the two shows featured prominent Black inventors as characters.

Oh man, can’t believe Twin Peaks is getting hammered here.

One of the best shows ever, IMO. Several things could hae been resolved in the new season. The Log, the owls, Señor Droolcup/Giant connection, LMFAP/Mike connection, Cooper getting through the Black Lodge and into the White Lodge in order to better combat Bob, Major Briggs and more on what he knows period, Leo’s newfound love of Shelley-- terminated by Earle’s spiders?

sigh

I wish they’d hurry up and release the show on DVD already. My video cassettes are wearing out big time.

This came up on another thread recently, but Crime Story starring Dennis Farina in the mid 1980s ended with all the main characters, good and bad, on a plane which was about to crash, with the pilot and co-pilot dead or incapacitated…
Fade to black.

No TV movie or anything to wrap things up.

Millenium’s second season ended on a cliffhanger; an engineered ebola-esque supervirus breaking out, occult conspiracies coming to fruition, the great acid-etched Frank Black without any allies left. Fading out with radio newscasts of increasing chaos.

Some people might point out there was a third season, but I refuse to acknowledge that. Never happened. No sir. There was no third season. There was no third season.