Siggable Lines

Ooh! Can we make up our own lines too?

If time is money, why are there 100 cents in a dollar but only 60 minutes in an hour?

The only reason I think I’m always right is because I’m a pessimist.

“Rescuing maidens is all well and good, but it might be wise to wonder how they came into the company of dragons.” - CheapBastid

Aw, that’s one of our shibboleths!

(“Hav-er”, as in “You can”)

I usually don’t shop in either place: It’s less of a hassle to go to Great Falls, or order what I need through the mail. I also have relatives around Missoula, so when I go there I do some shopping.

To be fair, I could go more often, but the savings aren’t worth the hassle of converting currency and driving all that way, and then having to go hours out of my way because the crossing I used to get into Canada closed at five. (Even though we are on the border, it’s still three hours to Medicine Hat, and six to Calgary. Edmonton, for all of the convenience of its gigantic hugeass mall, isn’t worth it unless I’m planning to spend the night.)

Of course. :slight_smile:

Some serious, some not… depends where you post of course:

‘Our policy is not directed against any country or doctrine, but against hunger, poverty, desperation and chaos.’ George C Marshall.

‘Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf’ Eric Blair

'"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening thru a cosmic vapor of invention! " Blazing Saddles

‘Romani ite domum!’

‘Reunite Gonwanaland!’

‘It is better that They do it imperfectly than you do it perfectly. For it is their war and their country and your time here is limited.’ Lawrence of Arabia, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

“Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side you automatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one.” Eric Blair

“What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals!” Big Bill Shakespeare, Hamlet

But all in all, I like my sig the best:

My favorite one-liner that I can think of at the moment shows off my gamer-geek roots, and will only be funny to those with similar roots.

“Jesus saves - and takes half damage.”

Oh well if we canmake them up:

Normalcy is relative. - Me

Death, as life, is what you make it. - Amara Chandra*

Of course I’m sure, do you think I could fck up this bad if I wasn’t sure? - Merile’s Motto

We are here and it is now, everything else is moonshine.

Dawn is but a breath away, but in that moment anything is possible. - Me again

*These are my roleplaying characters from various games. Amara is an incarnation of Death, Merile is a vampire.

Here’s a cool site that lets you look up quotes you haven’t got quite right, and lets you look by keyword;

Here’s another selection
An anti-religious selection you can find here, so I’ve thrown in a Pro-Christian bumper-sticker collection and a Pagan one to even the score (Anyone know where I can find islamic bumper-stickers? :wink:

And finally, I got mine from this huge collection of quotes. The site sells all quotes as bumperstickers!

Just remembered one from my computer courses.

“Anyone can make a mistake, but if you really want to b*lls it up, you need a computer.”

Seems to be paraphrasing Dan Rather.

I believe this is also attributed to Kipling.

Or in Calgary? Do I smell the possibility of a micro-Calgary dopefest?

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows - Not sure who (I’ve seen it attributed to several names)

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. - Mark Twain

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. - Dr. Seuss (this one I’ve used many times as my sig)

Appropo of the impending petroleum apocalypse:

The Stone age didn’t end to to a lack of stones, it ended because of bronze.

:smack: to to = due to

and I said “that is a vegetarian burger buddy! We just cooked him five minutes ago!” BWAHAHAHA.

You think you’re better than me? I’ve been sticking $30 in pennies up my ass for the last 11 years! That’s 3,000 pennies a day; 21,000 pennies a week; 1,092,000 pennies a year! To date that’s 12,012,000 pennies, 8 times the population of Nebraska. Those pennies were in my ass! You think you’re better than me? Oh, you’re not better than me. You handle my ass pennies everyday. You pick up my ass pennies for goodluck. You throw my ass pennies in fountains and make wishes on them. You give my ass pennies to your daughter so she can buy gumdrops!–Upright Citizens Brigade
…naked

Sorry for killing the thread Derlith :frowning: .

A recently spotted one:

Anyone who quotes the “Upright Citizens Brigade” need never apologize to me. :wink:

[ul][li]We are number one. All others are number two, or lower.[/li][li]The cure is worse than the disease.[/li][li]Forecast for tomorrow; A few sprinkles of genius with a chance of doom.[/li][li]You’re amusing in a way. Just not a funny way.[/li][li]What’s the point of having a democracy, if everybody’s going to vote wrong?[/li][li]I’ve learned one thing in my life; never fry chicken when you are naked.[/li][li]I love the sea, so beautiful, so mysterious… so full of fish.[/li][li]I don’t want more choice, I just want nicer things![/li][li]Sometimes I guess there just aren’t enough rocks.[/li][li]Remember: We give extra points for alacrity and effulgence.[/li][li]Snakes trumps heights.[/li]It’s on the Internet, so you know it’s true.[/ul]