Six Feet Under 7/31

Alright, I was just venting about the promo. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities. But WTF is your problem? Are you just trying to piss people off with your abrasiveness?

I agree with Happy Lendervedder. Surely it is possible to construct an interesting promo that doesn’t give away the biggest shocker of the season.

What is with all the Brenda-Love? Is it just because she’s knocked up? That somehow obliteratees the fact that she has been a relentlessly sick, bitchy, demanding, self-involved, thoroughly obnoxious human being practicaly since the day we met her? Why is everyone so pissed off at Nate? What the hell did he do besides try to love her? And what did he get in return from her except non-stop cuntititude?

(With a nod to the writers and the fact that this is all fiction…)

I hope she suffers horribly. I hope she feels like shit. I hope she gets a goddamn clue about being such a completely insufferable bitch.

Well then, I guess I was just venting about you venting about a promo you saw nearly a week after you missed the episode being discussed. I suppose you know by now that the next episode is going to be centered around the funeral of a central character (though I won’t spoil it for anyone else). Perhaps after the new episode airs, we can put our heads together and think up a way that HBO could have structured the promo so as not to have spoiled it for those who hadn’t seen this episode. You’ll have to forgive my delicate sensibilities, they go straight from delicate to abrasive when people share perfectly rational complaints regarding a promo. I apologize for being as unreasonable as HBO is … seems like lately I’ve been going out of my way to upset the equilibrium of this perfectly balanced think tank simply by sharing my opinions like everyone else. I keep forgetting that people with reasonable minority opinions have to walk on eggshells here. Feel free to stone me at will.

:: applause :: :wink:

Though I am willing to cut her some slack for shedding her thick skin in light of Nate’s operation, in an attempt to really work through their marriage, it was obviously too little too late. Seems a lot of fans don’t get that. Glad to see at least one doper who isn’t on the NateHate bandwagon that 90% of the rest of the fans are riding.

> SNAP!! < ::: Moderator cracks whip for attention ::::

Look, this forum is Cafe Society. We don’t vent here. You want to vent, go to the forum called BBQ Pit and vent to your heart’s content. (OK, OK, sometimes we vent here, but we do it politely. And it’s directed at the artists, musicians, creators, distributors, etc… not at each other.)

anamnesis, this is becoming boring. I don’t give two shits what you say about the art/entertainment, but sarcasm directed at other posters is NOT PERMITTED IN THIS FORUM.

Yes, I am yelling at you. Yes, I am a Moderator. Yes, this is twice in the same thread. Think of it as a wake up call.

Don’t misunderstand: it’s not your opinions about the show, or about HBO, that are offensive. It’s your comments about other posters. If you want to remain here, you had better learn some intermediate stages between “delicate” and “abrasive.” How about simply “polite and well-mannered” towards other posters?

The problem has nothing to do with “simply sharing [your] opinions like everyone else.” The problem is that you are insulting the other posters – and notice, no one else is doing that. Everyone else is sharing opinions about the show, and that’s fine. No one else is calling the other posters “morons” or “idiots.”

Don’t think of this as an anonymous Message Board. We’re trying to build community here. Think of this as walking into a bar or lounge or something where people are gathered to talk to each other about the arts/entertainment. You could say whatever you want about the show, but you wouldn’t be abrasive to the other people sitting around the table, sipping coffee with you. At least, I hope you wouldn’t. So don’t do it here, either.

I’m not feeling any Brenda-Love – she carries too much baggage for that – maybe some Brenda-Tolerance. I’ve disliked her up until this season – too high maintenance.

She’s been remarkably even-tempered and a bit more mature this season. It’s like she finally figured out that what she does/says has an effect on those around her.

Either that, or she’s being passive-aggressive and was heading for a huge blow-up. :slight_smile: Now we’ll probably never know.

I think there’s plenty of opportunity for her to blow. It could be at a variety of folks including Lisa’s sister (will she try to claim Maya now that Nate is gone?), Maggie, any of the Fisher family or any of her own screwed up family. For that matter, just because Nate is dead doesn’t mean he won’t be the target either.

Yeah, I think she’ll explode, but I think Maggie’s going to wind up on the receiving end of most of the hostility, even from the family … and I can definitely sympathize with that situation. hint hint It’s just too late in the show now to see how it’s really going to end up, although rumors have suggested that the final episode (or at least part of it) will be set in the future and reveal every character’s fate. I find myself wondering if there’s any chance it’ll be a two-hour show because I don’t think one hour will be enough time to wrap up every character’s story. The flash forward into the future is just a rumor of course, but it seems to reek of the same resolution that was used for the final episode of Enterprise … too much left to tell in one final episode, so let’s just cop out and fast forward into the future and show everyone how things really turned out. :dubious: I’m sure it will be interesting, the SFU writers are much more capable than the writers at Paramount.

Just speaking for myself, I didn’t start watching until the lesbo story arc last season. In the time between then and now, Brenda hasn’t seemed particularly awful. Certainly nothing I saw in that time karmically balanced out her miscarraige dripping down her leg on her wedding day, so I guess she seems more sympathetic to me as a recent watcher.