Slate: a new no-frills electric pickup truck for $20,000

Bear in mind that the Fathom isn’t an SUV; it’s a pickup truck (albeit one with an extended cab and a short bed). Ford has used F names for cars, but in addition, the F-series (F-150, F-250, etc.) is their main pickup truck line. And, the Lightning was technically the F-150 Lightning.

The original Bronco was an SUV with it’s top on but more of a pickup if you removed the top & the trucks are a F-###, not a F-word (gotta be careful how you say that!).

True, but the Bronco, I think, predated Ford’s clearly-not-always-consistent use of F names for cars and pickups, and E names for SUVs and utility vans.

Breaking: Slate has released. . . its Facebook page.

Not exactly the cutting-edge marketing campaign I thought they might try, but I guess it’s something.

By the way, the link on their page takes us to a domain registered to Estonia. Another way to keep costs low?

Nowadays, registering a domain in a particular country mostly just means that you want a URL ending in that pair of letters. Youtu.be has nothing in particular to do with Belgium, friends.tv has no particular connection to Tuvalu, etc. Domain registration, anywhere, costs on the order of $20 per year, total, so there’s no way it’d be a cost-saving measure.

That link (https://linktr.ee/slateauto) is to a “Linktree” page, not the company’s main website. I’ve never heard of Linktree prior to this. (And of course they’re using the .ee top-level domain just to complete the word.)