So "ammosexual" is a sexually offensive word now?

nearwildheaven intentionally used the derogatory word “ammosexual” in what was otherwise a breaking news thread. ExTank’s response was not appropriate for MPSIMS, but was certainly not unexpected given nearwildheaven’s derogatory comment.

It was my opinion that despite only having two posts, the thread was already off the rails. Rather than try to save the thread, I felt that it was better to let someone start a new thread without the sexualized anti and pro gun rhetoric.

I discussed this with @puzzlegal and told her that I believed it was best to leave the thread closed.

If anti and pro folks want to sling sexualized comments back and forth at each other, you know where the Pit is. Keep those types of comments out of MPSIMS breaking news threads.

Before posting breaking news threads and before commenting on them, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the guidelines for breaking news threads, found here:

Breaking news events will sometimes involve guns. Keep in mind that breaking news events are not the proper place to argue either side of the gun debate. You can certainly comment on the news event itself, but keep political jabs (including jabs directed at your opponents in the gun debate) out of the breaking news thread. As the guidelines state, feel free to use the breaking news thread as a springboard for whatever views you may have, but post those in a new thread in the appropriate forum (most likely GD, P&E, or the Pit).