So it looks like my brother has a cat after all [Update - cat had to be put to sleep]

Punny’s former owner came over to Bro’s apartment to say his goodbyes. Bro says Punny seemed real happy to see the guy, which is making me tear up a little.

Um. But Bro is still considering adopting this guy’s other cat. Cats, plural actually, because apparently Mommy and Kitten are inseparable. I told him to please, at minimum, think hard about this for a while, and if he must take them in, insist the current owner pays for a vet exam first.

Huh. I take it back; sounds like he does care about the cat.

Maybe current human hasn’t got the money.

Yeah, that’s the reason the old owner gave: couldn’t afford vet bills. I don’t have much hopes of anything happening there.

Bro now wants to foster the two kitties. My parents want have a Serious Discussion with Bro. We’ll see how things turn out.

For the sake of the cats, I hope your brother takes them.

For the sake of your brother, I hope these two are healthy; or, at any rate, in the range of need-worm-flea-and-ear-mite-meds,-inoculations-and-spaying healthy.

Apparently Punny not only hasn’t died or been put down yet… but is feeling a bit better?

Bro: He’s eating a bit, and he pooped again.
Me: The vets were sure it’s cancer?
Bro: Nearly sure.

It’s probably just a rally before the end… but who knows anything anymore? I sure don’t.

Update: Punny was put to sleep sometime today. Still not sure what Bro is going to be doing.

That’s too bad.
My sympathies to all.
Pets are sometimes a rollercoaster at the end.

My sympathies to all, also.

If you find out what happens to Momcat and Kitten, please let us know when you get the chance.

One of them got adopted. (Apparently they weren’t so inseparable after all).

Thanks for update.

Hope the lone cat left isn’t too lonely, and finds a good home.

Dammit. :frowning: I’m glad Punny was with your brother, though.