So what drink do I order tonight?

If you like gin, here’s a couple I like:

Bombay cooler (just a shot of gin with lemonade over ice. Easy).

Sloe gin fizz - classic, and fun, drink

Also, Bellinis are fun too - champagne and peach nectar.

One of my faves is called a “Root Beer”

1 shot Kaluha
1 shot Galliano
1 tsp super fine sugar
shake with ice and strain into a Collins glass with ice
Top with coke. (the only way I’ll drink coke)

Really does taste like root beer.

Cats~

My favorites, although they probably will not be found in a bar. Although if they are, are there any names for these?:

2 parts St. Brendan’s
1 part chocolate milk.

5 parts Mountain Dew
2 parts Ketel One. (This drink mixes at a better proportion because of the vodka quality and the sugar of the Dew. And, while it doesn’t taste as good as a fresh Dew, it tastes better than a stale one that’s been sitting around for a few months.)

I call the second one a Dewdriver. Any suggestions for names for the first one?

How about rum? Mojitos are excellent, but the bar must have it on their menu, because they may not have simple syrup or mint.
The next time you have a margarita, order a golden cadillac - made with Cointreau instead of Triple Sec and a float of Grand Marnier.

Mmm, mojitos! We have access to great ones here in Miami, because they’ll often have guarapo (fresh sugar cane juice) on hand. I’ve found Gosling Black Seal rum to be my favorite rum in a mojito, plus the lime and mint must be fresh. Crushed ice is also ideal.

You drink vodka and didn’t have a Cape Codder?

Stoli and Tonic w/ lime is far and away the greatest drink ever invented. learn it. live it. love it.

Stoli and Tonic w/ lime is far and away the greatest drink ever invented. learn it. live it. love it.

Those who would have the nerve to judge you based on what you drink might use these criteria. :slight_smile:

I just have to say that I dunno where you found that list, aryk29, but it’s so accurate it’s creepy. Particularly the bit about blender drinks and white zinfandel. :smiley:

I LOVE a kamikazee (the drink, not the shot). I think it’s basically vodka and lime juice with a little sprite/7 up.

I also really like a Whiskey Sour or a 7&7.

Well I’ll be. :smiley:

It was originally on www.lotsofjokes.com but seems to have mysteriously vanished. :confused:

So I did a search and found it on another site. Hmm. That accurate, huh? Good to know, thank you!

Rum and Coke!

I guess I left you guys hanging…

Well, we ended up going out to a movie instead. Sorry for all the false hope!

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

… and it only took 32 posts? (I cheated cutting and counting)

But almost seriously, everybody, she specifically requested things which won’t piss off your average bartender.

That’s like either beer or “_________ and __________”.

Ask for something frozen in most bars and they’ll laugh at you. They’ll lie and say they don’t have a blender. They’ll say the blender’s broken.

even seven, you’re a girl, right? And you don’t like cosmopolitans? HHMMMMMMMMM… that kinda rules out all cranberry.

(avoiding what you’ve cited)
Rum and coke… vodka soda… vodka soda w/lime… gin/soda… gin/soda w/lime… etc…red bull/vodka… screwdriver… Martini… martini…
Follow your own advice and K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

Currently, the wife and I are on a Mojito (sp? Mo-HEE-To) kick. Sort of a Jamican Mint Julep. It’s rum, mint, lime, sugar water, perhaps some fizzy water and other stuff mixed together. At the house we’re doing it with a mixer by Freshies (or something like that).

The first sip or two has a high “whazzat on my tounge?” factor. After three or four sips, though, it settles in very nicely.

As far as “rum and coke”, add a generous squeeze of lime. Much better, IMO.

Well, then it becomes a cuba libre. I personally can’t stand them. I have to specifically say “No Lime” every time I order, and they still give me lime half the time. I didn’t order a cuba libre - I send it back.

[url=http://cocktails.about.com/library/weekly/aa023100a.htm}Pousse-Cafe

Always wanted to try one since I read about them in Kurt Vonnegut’s Breakfast of Champions. Think I’ll do it on vacation next week.

Oops. Pousse Cafe

Beware, International Playboy. (Wow, that sounds like really bad dialogue!) I looked at that list, and I’ve only heard of about half-a-dozen of those drinks…and I’d wager I’m ahead of most bartenders b/c I’m a nerd who actually likes learning old/new/weird/never-ordered drinks.

Play it safe. Go for the B-52. Can’t beat it. slurrrrrrrrp