So whence do Sovereign Citizens come from, exactly ?

Not reasonable enough to convince the SCOTUS at any time in the past 150 years. These people are like Jacobites, seeking to “restore” a long-past order on the grounds it is the only “legitimate” order.

Kobal2, please forgive me. I am not judging, and I am not criticizing. But the OP title is bugging me just a little.

“Whence” means “from what” or “from where.” The “from” is already inherent. So the clearer question would be “Whence do Sovereign Citizens come?” (Or, more informally, one might simply ask “Whence Sovereign Citizens?”)

Again, really not trying to be rude. :slight_smile:

Not to Godwinize, but . . .

I’m confused too:

“Pierre Boulez, Leading Figure Of Classical Music, Dies at 90”

No mention of his views on US tax law :smiley:

“We’ve secretly replaced these Sovereign Citizens’ system of common law with Folger’s Crystals. Let’s see if they notice the difference…”

:smack::smack:Just a little something left over in the cache from a death pool post.:smack::smack:

should be: Big Island police arrest 2 after protesting need for driver's license, car registration

Hmmm . . . apart from the “Common Law” thing, there’s nothing in the story to indicate the protesters are sovcits. But they probably are.

Well the Hawaiian sovcitz/freeemen should be careful… after all if it’s a matter of “legitimacy” of government going back to the XIXth century they may have to hash it out with whoever’s the righful heirs to Liliuokalani :stuck_out_tongue:

This part,

CMC fnord!

“Cars are personal property and so should not have to be registered” sounds awfully sovcit, but could as easily be some kind of extreme libertarianism or just general dumbth.

Don’t forget the sign IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS from back in the original post 38. Punctuation, spelling, capitalization are VERY important.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these guys were also part of the “get Hawaii back from the white oppressor” crowd. Seems the annexation paperwork wasn’t in order back in the day. Of course when Kamehameha invaded Oahu from Maui with thousands of armed warriors and some whites; he didn’t even bother with paperwork.