So You Think You Can Dance 7/12

Damn, I just closed the window. You need to go the drop down menu for forum, and choose “Competitive Reality”. It should be on the front page. Clicking on the thread title over there takes you to the last page. The actual spoilers are several pages earlier, by a poster named “Lanae”, who attended last night’s show and found out the partners and styles for next week, plus plenty of dirt.

No real surprises. Ashlee was definitely the weaker of the three, as was Musa. Though I must say that Dmitry has not been asked to stretch as much as Musa has as a dancer. For that I would have sent Dmitry home. Well that and the fact that he is so obviously pleased with himself. Bummer because I really liked Musa and enjoyed watching him try to dance outside of his element. He has an edginess without the 'tude that is so often evident in street dancers.

I see that Nigel agreed with me about Natalie’s sex kitten act wearing thin. Musa’s solo was outstanding. Martha can really jump.

I think it’s a good idea to mix up the couples. I think they should have done this since Day 1.
Note from last week: I want to point out that even Nigel thought that Jaymz FELL off the stage during his solo.

I’m happy that Ashlee left, pissed that Dmitri didn’t. Yeah, I understand all the stuff posted above about possible reasons the judges wanted to get rid of Musa, but Dmitri just isn’t that good. His solo was no good in comparison to the other 2. He was always getting put in the bottom 3. His hip-hop on Wed. night was terrible. I hope he gets voted off first.

Didn’t he? I don’t think what he did was on purpose.

Are they going to? I totally missed all of last night’s show, not just the last five minutes.

Also, what does

mean? Are they changing how eliminations happen?

From now on, couples as well as styles will be chosen randomly. Each couple will do two routines per week and a solo. The judges will continue to comment, but all power now resides in the hands of the voters, and the man and woman with the lowest number of votes every week will go home.

Yikes. I may have to start voting. :smiley: