soccer

I liked Regi. He ran a lot. Gave a reason to wear silly wigs. Couldn’t really play though, could he? He went to you as part payment for Paolo, didn’t he? That turned out wonderfully for us as well…

I hope I never accidentally push you on a train. With your ideas of revenge, you’d probably stab me 20 times. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Donnelly’s been the better of the two. If Phil hadn’t played the occassional game between his various injuries, I’d have thought he was some kind of tax dodge. They’re out of contract at the end of the season. Hope they end up back with you.

Arsenal fan here, since the time I stood in the North Bank and watched the Gunners dismantle WBA back in…what…1977? It’s a lot easier keeping up with the results now - with the internet and all - than it was way back then…

Arkansas - Texas - Yank chiming in here. I was a referee for a long time and so I’m not a fan of the fan’s so to speak. LOL . What got soccer off the ground around here was the NASL and a lot of out players came from Sheffield Wednesday originally.

We also had a lot of great youth coaches from the Liverpool area and on a youth team trip in 85 we got to Go to both Liverpool and Sheffield.

Was a blast for us and the kids.

Love the game but do not understand the fans… :wink:

Leeds fan here, with secondary support for Liverpool as I lived there at the time when they were winning all their European Cups. The form of both teams is depressing.

I keep up with things in the US through the Internet, of course, and Fox Sports World which shows one complete match a week and gives the results of the others.

Surely a record!

A survey of foreign football supporters and no one has plumped for Man Utd! Not even the bloke from Manchester (no suprises there).

I’m very depressed to see so many gooners abroad though.

Dopers were always going to be Arsenal fans.

we all have remarkably good taste :slight_smile:

oh dear, united fan here.

Then you won’t be happy when I tell you that the scandinavian Arsenal supporter club has 2500 members( and the number hasn’t risen much the last few years, gloryhunters don’t get much respect here).

very odd!

I live in manchester but am originally from Leeds in god’s own county of yorkshire (and feeling very lucky this morning)…

…and so you should…

Still, being robbed by Mr.Venables isn’t exactly a new experience. Our players spent most of the match worrying where they’d left their wallets…

you have my sympathy. it’s great to still be in the cup but I don’t feel good about the fact that we owe our win to some seriously dodgy refereeing.

black’s shot was over the line when mills cleared it and had deflected off duberry’s hand - and it’s difficult to believe that the ref didn’t award a goal or a penalty or caution dubes. I started wondering whether a little brown envelope might have arrived in the referee’s dressing room before the game…

No-one leaves money lying around whilst Venables is about…

Beaten by Leeds in the Cup like this, and beaten by an equally-poor decision by Sheffield United in the League Cup. My dad was right, God is a Yorkshireman.

Yes, but the sky is blue and the clouds are white, that’s why God’s a Wednesdayite.

Sorry :slight_smile:

i thought it was:

“the sky’s always blue and the clouds’ always white.
And Sheffield Wednesday will always be shite”

:wink:

FA Cup quarter-final fixtures:

Watford v Fulham or Burnley
Southampton v Wolves
Arsenal v Chelsea
Sheffield United v Leeds

excellent draw! time to get our revenge on sheff utd…

Ajax Amsterdam fan here. Bring it on, Arsenal! :smiley:

No Larrson until April, 2 old firm games, (one a cup final), 2 european games. I’m nervous.

Liverpool fan here, with a secondary nod to Leeds for the Aussie contingent.

I grew up in Australia thinking Liverpool were my local team (it is a suburb of Sydney near where I lived, and the only name I recognised as a little girl). I know, it sounds ridiculous but it’s true. The only sports on TV in our house were soccer, golf and snooker due to Brits on Dad’s side of the family. I was always allowed to stay up through the night for the FA cup.

In the time I have lived in the UK and have been able to actually support them a bit better, Liverpool have consistently let me down. But then, I live with a Brit who is a die-hard supporter of a second div. team, so I don’t really have much to complain about. I see pain and suffering first hand every weekend.

I’m yet another Arsenal fan. I was at the “pick a club and stick with it” age when the Gunners had six Irish players on their first team (Brady, Stapleton, O’Leary, Rice, Nelson, Jennings).

Coldie, enjoy tomorrow night - Dennis was rested against Man U, just so he can inflict extra damage on his old club;).

Good to see we got another handy draw in the cup. The gods are taking their revenge on us for getting Farnborough earlier in the competition.

Oh dear, that means you’ll be a moody moderator on wednesday!