Some Questions on Anne Frank

Well…can’t you read ahead if you’re that curious about it?

Anne documented a typical, though precocious, burgeoning adolescent sexuality. Whilst much of her desire was focused towards males, she expressed a level of curiosity and interest in the female form. This is apparent in her description of Venus (Sleeping Venus, by Giorgione?), from Springer’s History of Art, and in her limited sexual exploration with her close friend Jacqueline van Maarsen, prior to confinement in the attic.

Though Anne wasn’t fully educated about her own sexual anatomy (neither parent provided a full explanation), she pieced together some level of understanding, alongside a few specific terms, during her hiding. Anne provides some narrative detail about her menarche, and despite the inconvenience, she seemed quite glad of the development. Most of her sexual desires were concerned with fellow attic occupier Peter Van Pels, who she becomes attracted to, and was physical affectionate with, and an earlier known Peter. Anne’s writing also touched on her early understanding of gender politics.

Confessional politics: women’s sexual self-representations in life writing

It still is. They’re now called blogs.

You’d be surprised how often common sense thoughts like this don’t occur to an Aspie. You follow the rules as written.

As for Anne Frank, I don’t know of anything suggesting she has Asperger’s. It’s not impossible, of course, but there is no definitive evidence either way. And we tend to assume people are neurotypical unless given a lot of evidence otherwise.

Still, homosexuals love to speculate on who might be gay, so I don’t see anything atypical about your wanting to do it, either. Googling “Asperger’s historical figures” pulls up quite a list. This link has a bunch, although I think a lot of them may have just had OCD or some other psychological ailment.

Anne seemed like a very normal teenager to me, although she was brighter than normal and not as silly. My diary from a period ten years later was much more childish and thoughtless.

BTW, if you haven’t been to the Secret Annex in Amsterdamn, it is stunning how everything has been preserved just as she described it. Even the newspaper clippings of celebrities are still taped to the wall. (Or at least they were when I was there. That has been a while. Otto Frank had just left the building when I arrived.)

I would imagine that everything is still as it was. Going behind the bookcase that hides the entrance just took my breath away.

I’m sure if you look hard enough, you could find Anne Frank fanfic out there somewhere.

This. I visited in 2005, and it was all still there (though the stairs have to be replaced every year, due to all the visitors).

I would also point out, she did not have any friends with her in the Annex (she later became close with Peter). She was basically cut off from her friends and thrown in with strangers. Most people do not share confidences with grouchy, fearful, stressed-out strangers, and it’s quite neurotypical for a 12 year old girl to keep thoughts private from her parents.

It’s not like she could just text her school friends and say
Nazis r tryin 2 kill me how r u?

Plus I think it’s normal, annex or not, to say how awful and stupid your parents are. Painful for the parent to read–remember that Freaks and Geeks? Or even Otto Frank reading his own daughter’s diary. But entirely normal. Adolescence can be painful and a lot of it is lashing out against stuff you took for granted in the past.

im in yr attcs, hidn frm notsis

I kept a diary when I was a teenager. Using the internet was far, far less common then. You’ve never heard of teenage girls and their diaries? With the lock and key?

Hell, you can still buy them.

[QUOTE]

We read that one bit in school and everybody at the least giggled out loud for most people in my class (no it’s not an Aspie/Special Ed) class think it’s weird for somewhat to like mensturation.

Are you saying that she had sexual intercourse with Peter or not? Did she die a virgin or not?

No, it’s because we can’t take the book home and we don’t have much time other then the time we have to read it.

That list seem to me at least I must say has a very broad interperation of “Asperger’s”. It’s author seems to think that for instance Andrew Jackson believing the Earth was flat meant that he took things literally-a whole lot of a stretch methinks.

Can’t you get it from a public library?

I found Anne Frank/Dragonball Z fanfic.

Won’t be able to get to a public library for a while.

Linky please.

http://wotwfanfic.blogspot.com/ This blog \summarizes the whole thing, the above is just chapter one.

:eek:

I was just joking.

They ought to give it the worst FanFic award to this…

You think that’s bad? There’s Slumdog Millionaires/Transformers fanfic out there. No, it’s not like Jamal fucks a car–more like he and Latika meet the transformers and have adventures. Still…

Oh, and also, there’s Cats fanfic. No, not just kitty cat cats. Cats as in the musical cats.

If you’re interested, here’s the summary of the whole Anne Frank one:

http://wotwfanfic.blogspot.com/2009/09/until-end-of-time-anne-frankdbz.html

…Yeah. This is what happens when randy teenage hormones meet the Holocaust.

Not menstruation, but the fact that you finally got it. Every girl in my class was dying to hear “you’re a woman now.” I got mad as hell that my cousin (several months younger) got her first period before I did (I got mine two days after her).