Songs with odd/creepy/incongruous endings

I meant the song that ends with an orgasm is Lovely Rita

That never occurred to me though you might be right. But the ending of Long, Long, Long is definitely sex leading to orgasm. Just ask me when I was 16.

The ending of Queen’s “One Vision” is certainly incongruous:

Gimme one night (yeah!)
Gimme one hope (hey!)
Just gimme (ah!)
One man (one man!)
One bar (one night!)
One day (hey, hey!)
Just gimme gimme, gimme, gimme…FRIED CHICKEN!!!

How about the “late lament” at the end of “nights in white satin”.
A strange eerie spoken piece at the end of a classic song.

Pink Martini’s “Da Svidanya Mio Bambino” ends with a bit of “The Happy Wanderer,” which isn’t the only song of theirs that ends with some private joke I don’t get.

IMHO it shouldn’t be considered part of that song.

It’s typical of the Moodies’ classic albums to have a spoken piece near the beginning and/or end. But Days of Future Passed, the album on which “Nights in White Satin” appears, doesn’t have separate tracks for each song/piece.

“Hard To Say I’m Sorry” by Chicago is mostly a ballad and then has a very incongruous hard-rock ending.

And “Late Lament” isn’t even the only spoken word part of the LP. Side One, with “The Day Begins” ends with the spoken word “Morning Glory”.

“Save the Children,” Laura Nyro’s 1969 single, is an upbeat, piano/gospel, Power to the People sorta song. The Fifth Dimension covered it the same way. (It’s also one of Laura’s VERY FEW televised performances, part of the tiny video legacy she left behind):

(My god, that HAIR. I want to get naked and go swimming in THAT HAIR.)

But the album version, on New York Tendaberry, has a coda of a jarring atonal fortissimo minor chord for brass, a bizarre way to come down off such a happy song, and to end side one.

Then you had to get up (in 1969) and flip the record over. And side two led off with the eerie illegal abortion song “Gibsom Street,” with its spooky tempo, its unpleasant metaphors (“They hang the alley cats on Gibsom Street”), and its oblique references to Christina Rossetti’s long Victorian poem of illicit female sensuality, “Goblin Market.”

Very unsettling.

The ending of Marvin Gaye’s “Mercy Mercy Me” is pretty spooky.

Sounds like the drummer suffers a seizure at the end of Richard Thompson’s MGB/GT.

It’s funny because Symptom is my fave Sabbath tune and I cannot imagine a better ending than what they gave. I love that quasi-spanish style acoustic riffing. It’s one of the great unexpected things Sabbath did throughout their classic years. They zigged when you thought they would zag.

A fair point.
Another departure - “Changes” - with the piano and mellotron…lol lost cool points with friends back in the day for liking it. I learned a new word then - a friend said “maudlin”, and we were all calling each other that for a bit.

Especially after Ringo’s 18th take, apparently.

Do you by any chance mean “Feeling Stronger Every Day”?

One of my top five Hendrix tunes (huh - possible thread?:p) - “Ezy Ryder” - does the ole fade-out then fade-back-in ending.

There’s an AOR song that was never a big hit but gets played a lot on the harder-rock stations whose artist and title completely escapes me right now where the song ends with an instrumental section - and a synthesizer. It’s completely incongruous with the rest of the song, and very haunting.

Do you mean ELP’s “Lucky Man”?

Eddie the Horrible:

No, it’s definitely “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” After a whole song that’s a slow ballad, they do this fast part that starts “When we get there gonna jump in the air” which has absolutely no connection to the rest of the song. Incongruous is definitely the word for it.

Helen Reddy’s “Angie Baby” has an extremely surreal ending. Being sucked into a radio(“never to be found”) can ruin your whole life.

How about Sabbath’s “War Pigs” with its crazy speeding up to infinity ending.

You should have specified “Hard To Say I’m Sorry/Get Away” which has the ending you’re talking about, because if you look up just “Hard To Say I’m Sorry”, youtube directs you only to the adult contemporary version, which doesn’t have the ending you’re referring to.

Forgot to mention in the earlier post that it is NOT “Lucky Man”, or even ELP.