Songs...Wrong Artist...Oops!

Nah that’s America.

You’re thinking of Crazy Horse with No Name. :smiley:

On a roadtrip a year ago, the radio stations kept playing “Ain’t No Woman (Like The One I Got)” by the Temptations, which at first I thought was “These Eyes” by the Guess Who. The lack of a, uh, “accordian-reed-keyboard-thing-intro” should have thrown me.

King Harvest of “Dancin’ in the Moonlight” fame actually has a “Greatest Hits” out under the Razor & Tie label or Rhino; one of the two.

FYI, “Dancin’ (Dancing?) in the Moonlight” is also a title by Anne Murray, and one of my favorites by her at that.

I meant the Hohner Pianet. :smack:

Dancing in the Moonlight was by King Harvest (#12, 1972). Van Morrison later had a minor hit with a song called Moondance (#92, 1977). The original hit version of Everlasting Love – written by Buzz Carson and Mac Gayden – was by Robert Knight (#13, 1967). The biggest hit version was by Carl Carlton. (#6, 1974) (All chart info is for the U.S. Billboard Hot 100)

For the longest time, when I would hear the opening chords of George Harrison’s “What Is Life” on the radio, I would think it was BTO. Of course, as soon as he started singing I would go “oh yeah… duh!”

Is Andy Gibb’s “Everlasting Love” not a cover version of Knight’s song, also? My edition of Joel Whitburn’s Top 40 Hits implies that Gibb’s tune is not the same song … but I could have sworn it was.

:confused:

Never mind, whiteho – a quick check of allmusic.com has revealed that Andy Gibb’s “Everlasting Love” has a different songwriter than the song Knight and Carlton performed.

I might be mixing Gibb’s song up with Rex Smith & Rachel Sweet’s cover of the Knight hit.

<nitpick>

That’s Shadows In The Moonlight.

Too many years as a radio disc jockey…

</nitpick>

Yeah it is…Damn.
Thanks. :smiley:

[sub] 'Bound to happen…[/sub]

If it makes you feel any better, Paul McCartney wrote it and produced it.

Another mis-ID’ed song on P2P…

I downloaded this song called “She Had Two First Names” off Kazaa. It was tagged as a Weezer song. I like the song alot, but it sounds nothing like Weezer.:confused:

Okay…now I’m confused. I thought Dancing in the Moonlight was Thin Lizzy. Now y’all mention King Harvest. I never heard of him (or them). Are these two different songs, or is Thin Lizzy a cover?

Dancing In The Moonlight

Thin Lizzy.

King Harvest

Two different songs.

King Harvest had the big hit. Can’t remember the exact year, but it was ca. 1972.

Thanks, Rico! I’m now (slightly) less confused.