Sorry! Haven't You Figured Out By Now That ____________ Doesn't Speed-Up The Process?

For John: Sorry! Haven’t You Figured Out By Now That Refusing To Find An Alternate Route Once You Become Aware that The One You are Traversing Upon is Blocked Doesn’t Speed-Up The Process? :smiley:

Personally, my pea brain cannot figure out that I should NEVER get out of my check-out lane for another “shorter” lane. Because it does not fail that the lane I abandon always flows faster than the second one I choose. Usually the latter lane is shorter because everyone else has noted that Sylvia the Sloth is running the register.

I’m curious SanguineSpider: In your suped-up, personal version of Death Race 2000, would you aim for the pedestrian on the left or on the right in this picture? Me, I’d swerve right and save a few bucks on auto body work. If I can offer you a little advice; if you ever find yourself in NYC, steer clear of Queens Boulevard.

As far as those checkwriter’s at the supermarket go, (especially the one’s who don’t start filling out the damn thing until the last loaf of bread is packed into its own bag), I recommend the very unlady-like practice of ramming 'em with your cart in the event your push technique isn’t doing the trick.

gotpasswords, there’s someone I’d like you to meet. His name: simple homer.

Guilty here too, Chefguy. I had no idea what a fintube even was until I googled it, but your sentence still holds true even if replace it with words like radiator, baseboard or radiant heat flooring. BTW, if you guys ever move from the Great White North to warmer environs, not only will you save a few bucks on heating costs, but there’s a job opening in Oklahoma.

Fish, please don’t tell me you also avoid looking at a pot of water heating up on the stovetop because it slows down the boiling process.

Thanks for the kind words. I’m humbled. I have a totally sincere and serious reading recommendation: David Sedaris’: "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim". If you like it even 1/10 as much as I did, it’ll still be damn well worth it.

Neidhart, I can only assume that makes Willard Scott public enemy #1 and Al Roker a pretty close 2nd.

Hiya Cosmopolitan! How’s it going Sweety? Long time no see! It was Wantagh Avenue, between Jerusalem (105) and the SSP - in front of that strip mall with the Burger King & Dunkin Donuts. Oh and by the way, I concur about good ole Rt. 27. If you want to make it to the Ribfest without the veggies going limp and the dip going sour, I strongly recommend Sunrise Hwy. should be avoided at all costs.

To add to the insanity factor TJdude825, I recommend you try that ritual whilst you have two elementary school-aged kids in the back seat singing the “Red light, red light, please turn greeen. I never saw that light before” song. It makes the Simpon’s ‘are we there yet?’ chant seem tame by comparison.

Well counsel wolf, you could’ve scored a few brownie points if you found the “Super Fast Draft Quality” setting. Who knows, you mighta become CEO in no time flat.

I flash my brights too, Mangetout - but for an entirely different purpose. Round these parts, there are cameras that take pictures of cars cutting yellow lights at major intersections. Snap, Process, Busted! A week later they send you a summons in the mail with a picture of you commiting the infraction. I flash my brights at all yellow lights I’m halfway through in an attempt to blind the camera.

Thanks for the informative post tremorviolet. I’m sure you’d agree that the sign over the button that reads: “PUSH BUTTON FOR WALK SIGNAL” should be amended.

Guilty on both counts, dwc1970. The only difference is my hand does more of a tossing dice motion originating from my crotch area.

ROTFL PunditLisa! I know of what you speak. I’m still amazed over the fact that they allow plastic shopping bags in these stores. It’s amazing you never hear about impatient shoppers attempting to smother StS and her ilk.

Oh wow! Look at the time. I gotta run! I’m having coconut daiquiri cocktails with Chuck Noland this evening.

Actually, JohnBckWLD, I think I waggle my finger so when the water does get very hot, I won’t get burned.