"Sports Night" questions, comments - open spoilers

bump. slogging my way through season 1. i’m having a fun time comparing, contrasting, and analyzing the different layers of crazy vs attractiveness of the actresses.

I loved this show, too. Long before I loved The West Wing or even knew who Aaron Sorkin was. Don’t remember it well enough to answer your questions. Just wanted to put in a vote for it.

Distinctive

30 Rock is currently known as the GE Building. However, by all rights it should be called the Comcast Building.

I just happened to watch Macy’s first episode, which contains one of my all-time favorite lines, one of those things I wish I had the stones to say in real life:
“You should know that just because I’m looking at you while you’re talking, that doesn’t mean I’m listening, or interested in what you’re saying. It’s just something I do to be polite.”

I also enjoyed Clarg Gregg’s character who came on at the end. IMDb says he was only in 2 episodes, I thought it was more. I would have liked to see him develop if they’d done another season.

I’ve always contended that Sports Night was killed by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. It was on the ratings bubble after two seasons, and then ABC decided to go with 47 hours a week of WWTBAM, and that was that. I think there was enough steam for at least one more season, maybe that would have been enough. The silver lining, of course, is that Sorkin moved on to the *The West Wing *from there.
ETA: *Sports Night *and *West Wing *actually overlapped by one season. I did not realize that!

Yes! I started watching Sports Night a few months ago and have almost finished. This is several years after watching all of the West Wing.

The walk-and-talk. The witty, no pause, banter. The “big” moralistic issues. It’s all there in embryonic form.

In the wake of “The Avengers,” I like to think that Sports Night (the show within the show) was being scoped out by SHIELD. I could see Dana kicking ass as Nick Fury’s no-nonsense administrative assistant.

You have to remember he probably only got his job because he’s the vice president’s ex-husband.