Sportsnight, West Wing, Studio 60?

Simulpost photo finish!

We’ve already had a bunch of cross-overs from Sorkin’s previous shows, but the only one that absolutely must happen is Josh Malina. He’s the only person, afaik, who had already scored a Sorkin hat trick before Studio 60 started: American President - Sports Night - West Wing. So it’s only right he makes it four in a row.

It’s more than four. Josh Malina was in A Few Good Men when it was still a play. He was also in the movie, in Malice, and then in The American President, Sports Night and The West Wing.

According to the (quite frequently inaccurate) IMDB bio, Malina once saved Sorkin from chocking to death, so maybe he feels like there’s a debt of honour or something…

They’ve been friends since high school or Hebrew school. One having control of a project without the other involved at some point would be like Kevin Smith making a movie without having his girlfriend/wife in it - inconceivable!

These two were actually combined into a single episode in both Sports Night and West Wing (although Sports Night did two letter-writing episodes).

A cast member’s real-life significant other will appear as a key guest character for two or three episodes. I’m betting on Jane Kaczmarek.

Isaac had a stroke. Bartlett had MS. I’m looking for Ed Asner’s character to suffer a debilitating (but not fatal) illness.

Frankly, I’d love to see Ted McGinley show up. Maybe as the host one week when things are going so bad that they have to get an emergency replacement host and the only one available is. . . Ted McGinley.

I vote for lupus!

[House, MD]It’s never lupus![/House, MD]

Sportsnight box set was, actually, the first DVDs I ever owned, once I’d figured out how to play DVDs on my computer. (I rented a few movies to figure that part out.) That was before I had any kind of DVD player I could attach to my tv. Back in 2002 at least.

:slight_smile:

There will be an episode revolving around somebody’s extreme dislike of guns. It was a plot point in The American President with a firearms bill, was part of an episode toward the end of Sports Night’s run, when Dana inherited an antique rifle, and I admit to having watched very little of West Wing, but I’m sure, given what I’ve seen of Bartlett’s presidency, it was a significant part of at least one episode, probably again with some ineffectual, stupid firearms bill going through Congress. Anybody help me out with this one?

Don’t remember any gun control issues in TWW. It kind of happened twice in Sports Night. In the third or fourth show, Jeremy had to field produce a hunting show. He was very anti-hunting, and was afraid to tell the people he worked for.

Oh yeah, “the call.” From which I learned deer love twinkies.

There was one, but it was very watered down and even Josh rolled his eyes at what passed.

First season, “Five Votes Down.” Leo loses his marriage over working to get an assault weapons ban passed.

And of course, there was the whole thing about the President getting shot.