Stairway to Heaven and other Songs with hidden messages

There really should be a way to play digital music files like mp3 and Ogg Vorbis backwards.

It’s an incoherent paragraph that, even if you think the words really match up with what Plant sings (I don’t), don’t make any sense and don’t seem to have anything Satanic in them. It’s in your head.

Any mention of Stairway To Heaven deserves the mandatory Stairway To Gilligan” by Little Roger and the Goosebumps (flash) link. Perhaps there’s a collaboration between Sherwood Schwartz (spawner of Satanic sitcoms) and Led Zep (spawner of Satan hard-rock music)

Any mention of Pink Floyd deserves the mandatory Dark Side Of The Moon / Wizard Of Oz sync match…as if Alan Parsons & Pink Floys really planned such a thing

Wintermute, I went to the same kind of school! I clearly remember some of the entertaining assemblies they had to warn us about this sort of thing. I also have a very enjoyable book called “Why Knock Rock?” which I picked up at the Humane Society thrift store for fifty cents, which will tell you lots of the evil messages in case you weren’t listening. Best fifty cents I ever spent.

Well, stap me vittles.

If you’re using Linux, alsaplayer does it.

I remember hearing somewhere (sorry, no cite, I’ll see if I can’t find one) that if you play Dare to Be Stupid backwards, you can hear Weird Al saying, “Satan east Cheez-Wiz” and “You have too much time on your hands.”

My favorite acuusation of backmasking was by a PE teacher in Spencerport NY, author of a book called PG: A Parent’s GUide to Rock’n’Roll. He gave his students extra credit if they could find messages, so of course they came up with a huge list, compiled at the end of the book.

Kenny Rogers’ “Lady” apparently has the message “I’m not adverse to Satan” in it.

Now that’s middle-of-the-road.

I thought it was “Nature Trail to Hell,” but I’m probably wrong.

I’ve got two songs here with obviously reversed segments.

I can’t make a whole lot of Bloodhound Gang’s Lift Your Head Up High. It’s kind of chanted: “Devil Chocolate ? Chef Boyardee ? ?

Backmask by Mindless Self Indulgence has a bit near the end. It’s a very motherly voice saying “Clean your room. Do your homework. Don’t stay out too late. Eat your vegetables. Put away your toys. ? ? Get dressed for church.” The ?'s are just too obscured by the music for me to tell.

Eh, I knew it was one of his songs.

Kenny Rogers is a minion of Satan? That I can buy.