Stomach acid neutralization, (kind of need an answer fast)

Posted at 5:14pm to another thread, but nothing here. Draw your own conclusions about this medical crisis.

Oh come on…I have things to do outside the Internet.

Anyway, he’s young and doesn’t have money so going to a GP isn’t an option for him. He’ll just get Nurofen Plus and take some ginger in the mean time until he can sort out some cash…

Nobody suggested that

or going to an outpatient emergency clinic. He has exams in a few days…

Anyway, he took some ginger, Nurofen Plus (codeine + ibuprofen), and is planning on ordering a prescription for an anti-emetic, Motilium when he gets some pocket money next week.

You have to remember that we live in a pretty crappy country where healthcare is the most expensive thing ever along with its nanny-state regulations on pharmaceutical products which are available in other developed countries. We don’t have the luxury that many dopers do of a well paying job and good healthcare. Just make the best of what we can.

Well, OK, but the point is: He swallowed a dangerous, corrosive chemical. He should be at the A&E. Understood that costs money where you are, but there isn’t really any sensible alternative. He might be OK, or his life might still be at risk - the internet can’t diagnose which of those possibilities is the correct one.

Then avoiding putting oneself in harms way is probably the best option, wouldn’t you think?

I’m closing this actually. Since the person in question (assuming this is real) isn’t planning on taking any medical advice after doing something so dangerous, I’m not leaving this open.