Student charged for writing Zombie story.

Here’s a a similar story from 1999 about a kid who got into big trouble for writing a scary story (included in the link, replete with misspellings and bad punctuation).

So not only do we need George Orwell, but H.G. Wells too.

Go back three years … present most of the comments here … all is good.

I was once arrested for trying to smuggle books into Kentucky. Happily I was let off on a technicality…no one could prove they were books.

(shamelessly stolen from Steven Wright)

-XT

I was going to post that, but I don’t think it was Steven Wright. I seem to recall it was another comic, damn, I forgot his name, but he said, “You know you’re fat if you can pinch an inch on your forehead!”

I could be wrong though, and thus subject to a pitting, however weakly, of my own.

Well fuckety, fuck. Fuck me running for not noticing the original story date. I’m usually more observant than that.

I can only attribute it to not getting my RDA of braainnnzz this morning.

Apologies. But enjoy the thread anyway.

And if someone wants to pit me for this, I’ll take my lumps.

With a side of braainnnzz.

eta: At least it’s not another fucking thread about politics.

Just because something happened a few years ago doesn’t mean it’s not worth bitching about.

Now, according to this, what happened later was that the kid was indicted on a misdemeanor, then the charges were dropped, but for some reason he was given two years’ probation.

It’s stuff like this story that made me lose respect for grownups when I was a child. It was scary, finding out how fucking stupid the adults in authority can be.

It’s a zombie news post about zombies. Does that make this a zombie thread?

Only if someone resurrects it in six months.

It will then be an epic zombie thread.

And og help the mod that tries to shut it down.

A (((zombie) zombie) zombie) thread?

So, it’s illegal to broadcast Buffy in Kentu…never mind. It’s about demons and such so it probably IS.

It’s meta-zombie!

I think they are able to get pirated copies and see illegal broadcasts of Buffy on the Voice of American behind the Cotton Curtain…

:wink:

-XT

Don’t blame the kid, he was only after good GRAAAAAAADES!

Catatonia?

We may have had our free speech somewhat abridged in Canada with our hate laws, but fuck, We are still have free thoughts. This story was in a private journal and never was made public.

Do daah, do daah…

But then it turned out not to be a plague of Zombies after all but the school was in fact being used for auditions of potential candidates for Americas Got Talent.

I remember when I was in fifth grade I wrote a story for class. It involved me and a couple of friends of mine having to fight an alien threat, so we went to a sporting goods store and I grabbed a shotgun and told the guy at the register I’d blow his brains out if he didn’t give us guns and money. I think there was also a hijacking of a plane involved.

I’m surprised I didn’t get in any trouble. The teacher just refused to read it to the class.

First zombies, now pirates? This thread keeps getting better and better!

The probation appears to be a sentence from a contempt-of-court conviction. Poole was released pending trial with the condition that he remain away from the school; he violated that condition and was re-arrested. The predicate misdemeanor charge was then dropped, but the contempt charge remained.