[QUOTE=kawaiitentaclebeast]
Yes, desperation has always been the best factor in rational decision making.
- WHY do you want a car that lasts 10 years? What purpose does that serve? Were you planning on moving to some part of the country where you could not buy any cars for 10 years? If you can live with a 10 year old car 10 years from now why can’t you live with a 10 year old car TODAY? Is there something about old people that makes them crave 10 year old rustbuckets?
[/quote]
scratching my head
Perhaps you can afford to replace a car every two years, but most people can’t. Or maybe they can, but they hate car shopping. Or they like the idea of owning something forever. I’m real rough and tumble with my cars. I like knowing that if I scratch the fender or spill something in the interior, I don’t have to worry about pissing off some dealership when the lease is expires.
You can arrange any kind of financing you want? No wonder there’s a ton of poor people out there driving luxury automobiles. They must have haggled their loan officer real good. :rolleyes:
Maybe I’m missing something in this conversation, but what makes buying a car any different than buying a major appliance or a computer? If I buy a brand new washer and dryer, I’m going to keep them until either I move or they break down. If a buy a laptop, I plan to keep it for some time, until either I can’t upgrade anymore or the damn thing stops working. Appliances and electronics depreciate in value as well, but it makes sense to hold on to them awhile. Why are cars different?
