Stupid motherfucking school grade viewing systems!

Does my heart good to see some teens makin’ an appearence, and a well-spoken one at that, on the SDMB. I know when I was in High School there were alot of things I thought about and wanted to discuss, but many of my friends were more worried about the game and the keg party to discuss the finer points of religion, science, and art.

This place is filled with experts, and I wish I had a place like this when I was in High School. There have been some really well-spoken teenagers here in this thread so keep it up. I also have a problem with the idea that calling someone a teenager is an insult. You guys have proved that you have some very interesting things to say which proves what I’ve suspected for years:

Age isn’t all that important. It’s the quality of character the person expresses. Some adults behave like idiots, and some kids behave with grace. People should be judged on their own merits without reference to age or color.

DaLovin’ Dj

It’s been a few years since I could call myself a teenager, but I do remember that I wasn’t born out of the seafoam at eighteen either. I get really sick of people treating teenagers either as criminals or as some sort of worthless less-than-human.

All I can offer to you guys is that life gets better in college…way better.

Technology sucks, what can I say, and the fact that the parents would put a computer program over a teacher’s word is beyond me. My parents would never trust what the computers say.

It’s really horrible about what happened to your friend, and hopefully she can get the situation resolved, but if she can’t, then y’all will just have to somehow go on and get through the incident. I hope everything does get better though.

[QUOTE}She’s got way too many restrictions that have been put on her recently for no apparent reason; she hasn’t gotten into any trouble and a friend who was causing her grief left for college a while ago[/QUOTE]

I can see why you would be upset about the strict parents, but what does this evil friend who caused your friend grief have to do with any of it? I’d feel sorry for her if she knew you were saying that about her.

I’m sorry you can’t fix all the sucky things in your friend’s life, but sometimes, you can’t control all that happens to those around you.