Stupid Normal People at the Grocery Store

Uhhh… so I was over in IMHO, posting my current pet peeve for this week, which is this:

The bagger at the grocery store used one bag for the bread, one for the noodles, and then stuck all the cans into a single awesomely heavy bag.

Then I popped over here and read this thread.

Broomstick? I’m starting to suspect we’re the same person. Now to argue over who gets to be the evil twin.

It’s acctually a recent development for the mostt in Colorado. When I was growing up nearly everybody bagged their own groceries*. If an old lady was in line, it always seemed there was an attentive manager to jump in and do it for them. Its just in the last ten years or so that baggers have become common. Hell I feel guilty making the checker bag my groceries, So I usually jump down and start doing it myself, which usually surprises the people.

*When I say “Bagged theie own groceries” I mean dragged their kids to the store, and pressed them into bagging service. Occasionally a mom with excess kids would glare at them until they ‘voluntereed’ to help moms without kids present to bag their groceries.