Stupid SC laws

Hey, I done warned you it was a polarizing issue. :slight_smile: I can’t remember what kind of sauce Shealy’s uses, out in Batesburg, but last time I was there it was extremely good. Honestly I’ve never gone wrong with any little tiny barbeque place that has funny hours, picnic tables indoors, and that you can see from the road but can’t figure out how to get there. I’ve heard Millender’s is good but I’ve never been (partly because, er, I’m not sure how you get there - you can see it from the interstate…)

AcousticSeen is actually in Coffee Underground*, a very nice coffee shop at the corner of Main and (huh, never thought of it before) Coffee. It’s a sort of quiet hippy type place, I’m assuming you’re a “guy on a barstool with an acoustic” type musician? If so, I can point you to several places downtown where that is in demand. I myself am in a band that is currently getting ramped up. We can continue this conversation by email if you like, my-user-name-here @hotmail.com.

*And guess what?! You can buy beer there on Sunday! Oooooo!!! :rolleyes:

Poonther, a wise man knows what is on the other end of a chain before he jerks it. I strongly suggest you not post in this manner outside of The BBQ Pit.

Kittenblue , David does that song but I’m afraid it’s a cover. Chuck Brodsky gets the credit for that one. Funny though, every so often when I do that song someone says “A David Wilcox song, cool !”.

ZSofia , I wasn’t sure there for a minute but, you sure as hell know where to find good barbecue ! :smiley:

Bruce_Daddy ,

I had the strangest feeling earlier this evening. I was standing over the toilet looking at this guy that I thought I should know but I couldn’t place where I knew the face from. So I just went back to my regular seat and had another PBR down at Lucy and Earls . I’ll be there the 23rd if I’m not booked dude.

[QUOTE=Mr.Niceguy]
Kittenblue , David does that song but I’m afraid it’s a cover. Chuck Brodsky gets the credit for that one. Funny though, every so often when I do that song someone says “A David Wilcox song, cool !”.

I usually refer to the song by who sung it, not who wrote it, and I’ve only heard David sing it, so please excuse my inaccuracy. It’s sort of like Elvis, you know. Everything he sang was “his” song, even though he didn’t write it, and even when someone else does it years later. I’d love to hear your version, though.

Ohio is a long way from here. A good friend of mine out of Charlotte does go up and play the Barking Spider in Cleveland every couple months though. Maybe I could convince him to bring me along as an opener. :wink:

Oh yeah, you can check out Chuck Brodsky’s latest on the sound track from the movie “Radio”. If you like David you’ll love Chuck.

Thanks. I’ll check him out. And remember, Ohio has never heard of mini-bottles. And yes, make an effort to get up here to play! (David Wilcox seems stuck on the Beachland Ballroom these days, though the best concert was at The Wildcat Ranch…pretty far from Cleveland, but worth the drive. Best acoustics in a barn, ever!)

kittenblue , I’ll tell you why there are minibottles. The state says that they actually benefit the consumer but there is a tax paid on each individual bottle.

:slight_smile: I’m honored, I think. See you there man.

Other arguments for it include easy inventory, deterrent to dishonest employees, fair pour for customers, etc. Personally I’d rather have a drink that tastes good that isn’t huge and overpriced because you have to fit all the liquid in it. Also, people unfamiliar with the minibottle law come here and get seriously drunk off them. I’ve been warned when ordering drinks in, say, a tourist bar in Charleston, “you know this is a minibottle state, right?”

Oh, and Mr. Niceguy, I only know where the good barbeque is, not how to get there from the road I’m on. :wink: