STUPIDEST movie you've seen?

Ah, yeah right, thank-you - Trucks. :man_facepalming:
Heh, sorta comimg back in bits and pieces now.

Totally with ya on that one, on about 99% of those flicks. (I thought the first “Ring” had some genuine moments of dread. I remember the first time seeing the girl coming out of the well, and thinking, sure, squicky, as in scary squicky)

I’m sorry, but Hong Kong director and screenwriter Godfrey Ho owns this category. He steals music from hit movies, steals scenes(the entire scenes stolen and inserted into his movies), made ninja movies where the ninja outfits were all the colors of the rainbow and the headbands and the word “NINJA” printed on them. If you think that a character you say in a movie was a bit too close to a character in another movie, in one Horiffic masterpiece his hero(supposedly Bruce Lee) was fighting with and against James Bond, Kwai Chang Kaine, Popeye, Dracula, the Exorcist, Emmanuelle, the Godfather, Clint Eastwood’s Man With No Name, and Zatoichi the Blind Swordman in The Dragon Lives Again

Godfrey Ho - Wikipedia

Entrapment. Hot 29-year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones falls for 69-year-old Sean Connery, riiiiiiiight! :+1: I should be so lucky when I’m 69!

Plus the whole heist thing was just plain dumb. The second time I actually walked out of a cinema demanding my money back. (The first was after Emmanuelle: “WTF, the lights are coming on? The movie’s over?!? NOTHING HAPPENED!!!:angry: )

I, for one, am anxiously awaiting my opportunity to view When Harry Met Ninja

To sum up his talent, Godfrey Ho makes Edward D. Wood Jr. look like Martin Scorsese.

GODFREY-HO-NINJA-SQUAD.png (500×389) (bp.blogspot.com)

Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones and Anne Heche (who thankfully no longer is seen too much in movies) was the stupidest movie I have seen. First of all, there are no volcanos in the Los Angeles area and the movie is about lava flowing through L.A. This would NEVER happen. Why not just have an earthquake or tsunami occur, something that can actually happen here.
Absolute stupidity!!!

Not to mention the final closing scene where somehow Zeta-Jones and Connery teleport over or under moving trains. Uh…??

The movie also angered a lot of local Malays over its portrayal of Malaysia as a backwards country.

But the soundtrack was nice.

Oh shit, I had mercifully forgotten about that one. REALLY stupid!

Didn’t J. R. R. Tolkien once write that he distrusted cymbalism, that it was a snare for the unwary?

Battlefield Earth. Future, degenerate humans who have never known technology somehow defeat the alien race that enslaved them by learning to fly perfectly-preserved, several-thousand year-old Harrier jump jets. If the movie is an accurate facsimile of L. Ron Hubbard’s novel (I can’t be arsed to find out) the founder of Scientology was was not exactly…a literary giant.

Not to repeat any of the above or mention anything watched on MST3K, but I’ll have to add The Ridiculous Six to the mix. Adam Sandler and friends (naturally including Rob Schneider) apparently got real drunk and made a spectacularly puerile (and actively offensive to Native Americans) film. I watched it because I think Taylor Lautner is an underrated comic actor (and I find Terry Crews funny in the right roles) but damn, everything about this film is bad.

But at least it doesn’t take itself as seriously as Lucy.

Agreed about Borat, I got the feeling that it had been scripted by a 14 year old. Occasionally it had some good social comments, more often it was just painfully puerile.

I second Battlefield Earth. I could not watch it for more than 15 minutes. It was beyond bad in every department; plot, acting, costumes.

I loathe any film like Volcano or Dante’s Peak where the hero outruns a pyroclastic flow. It doesn’t happen. I knew one of the guys (an American geologist) who was killed on Mt. Unzen in Kyushu in 1991, along with 42 other people.

Am I being whooshed here?

Zeta-Jones met actor Michael Douglas, with whom she shares her birthday and who is 25 years her senior…

Art imitating life? Or the other way around?

j

I have to agree that the premise of Lucy was monumentally stupid, as were the actions of several of the characters. Gorgeous visuals and fight scenes, though.

i know several people here will disagree with me, but I thought the premise of Pacific Rim was too stupid for words. I still don’t think I’ve seen the whole movie.

The same can be said of The Core.

Monster a Go Go is another of those “astronaut comes back to Earth infected with random awfulness”, like The Quatermass Xperiment (The Creeping Unknown), First Man INto Space, The Incredible Melting Man, Xtro,* etc. etc. But Monster a Go Go takes this to ridiculous lengths with its non-ending ending:

I other words “We couldn’t figure out how to end the movie, and we ran outta money.”

*The Quatermass Xperiment is, I think, the first example of this genre, and did it right, even on a low budget.

The movie is 63 years old and from an entirely different era. Many movies that old appear stupid, lame, whatever. Pick one from this century. That’s more interesting.

We get about five or six minutes of screensaver footage at the end there. Very pretty but incredibly tedious. 2001: A Space Odyssey it ain’t.

Wow. White House Down definitely looks like it ranks up there. My favorite bits from the wikipedia plot summary:

A couple of movies from my youth stand out.

“Invasion U.S.A.” and “Night of the Comet”.

The first is some sort of Chuck Norris garbage where Cuban/Soviet forces invade the US in the 1980s(?) and ol’ Chuck fights them off with twin Uzis. I remember thinking it was really stupid even when I was 12 or 13.

The second is a comedy-horror zombie movie where a comet goes past the earth, and people are reduced to piles of red dust or zombified, and there are a handful of survivors, etc… Another one that I thought was supremely dumb even at 13.

A really stupid movie starring the female lead from The Last Starfighter. But Pepper Mill, my wife, loves it for this one great line:

Samantha Belmont: See, this is the problem with these things. Daddy would have gotten us Uzis.