Success rate for pro se litigants

I am currently involved in a case of discrimination which I have filed Pro Se. I have researched over 300 Pro Se cases here in Indiana and have yet to find even one where the Pro Se Litigant prevailed in Superior or Circuit Court (granted 300 is just a small sampling, but it has been the best I can do). I have also ask every (so called) Justice of the Indiana Supreme Court, every Judge of the Indiana Court of Appeals, and have written to over 300 judges asking the same question. Can you show me any cases where a Pro Se Litigant prevailed in Circuit or Superior Court where the opposing side was represented by an attorney? So far I have not recieved a single response.

I believe that Judges are biased against Pro Se Litigants. In the current case I am trying to handle I have followed every rule to the best of my ability, but the Judge (David A. Shaheed, Marion County Superior Court 1) has ignored almost every motion I have filed (he didn’t rule against them, he just didn’t bother to address them at all). However, every motion filed by the attorney for the opposing side has been granted EX PARTE, the Judge didn’t even give me time to respond he just RUBBER STAMPED the attorneys motions and granted them. Recently, the opposing attorney (Mr. Joshua Hague) filed a motion and didn’t even bother to follow the rules — needless to say Shaheed didn’t even bother to read his motion he just granted his moiton, before I even had a chance to mail a repsonse. According to the Marion County Rules, a judge is required to give the other side no less than 15 days to respond, he signed the order within 3 days (so much for following the rules).

It is criminal the way Pro Se Litigants are treated by the courts. The claim to support Pro Se Litigants, but that is nothing more than double talk. I will be taking this case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary, on the grounds that the way Pro Se Litigants are treated is a violation of their Constitutional Rights.

Phillip Gray