Suppose we give them a militant left?

I heard it again today. It was on the radio, a report on some of the protests and counterprotests about the states that are trying to end the public employees’ collective bargaining influence. I think it was about the teachers’ union in Tennessee. Some lady was talking about how the teachers pay dues to the union, which uses the money to elect Democrats, who then favor the union, which then collects more money from its members, and so on, and “people don’t see that” and it’s all part of the “communist agenda”.

Incidentally, political activity on behalf of candidates is usually paid for out of separate donations to the union’s PAC, not regular union dues. So that part’s wrong too.

And I’m OK as long as they burn their own damn cars.

Once you start throwing rocks at my house, I will not believe that you are going to confine yourself to property damage, and interpret that as a threat against me and my family. And so you are likely to get something coming back at you that is a bit harder to stop than a rock, unless you happen to be dressed in Kevlar.

Of course, that’s not likely to happen. I have some experience of the militant left whilst in college, and those clowns are too wasted, stupid, or too hung up on discussing the nuances of Trotskyism vs. Maoism to organize a bowling league, let alone a protest.

Regards,
Shodan