Survey for people with a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree?

BA 22
MA 31

Why the gap? I made a career change into a field that would require a Masters to advance, and was at an opportune point in my life to do it.

BA at 21, MS at 23. (Political Science and Mathematics (statistics concentration), respectively.)

BSME - 22

At 26 Got “downsized” by an arrogant preppie BMW-polishing “manager” 1 year older than I and came up with a plan to go back to school part time.

MSBME - 29

I was earning a living (not a great one, but it paid the bills, mostly) after college. Then I decided to do something different with my life which required going back to school.

BS - 21 years 9 months
MS - 23 years 9 months

I can’t give exact dates because it’s still a work-in-progress, but the current trajectory is likely enough to pan out the following way:

BA - 25; I was out of school for two years between high school & starting junior college, beginning at the former school when I was 20. Was there for three years before transferring to a CSU - which is where I am now - and that’s taking ~2.5 years to do. Will graduate next December, hopefully.

MA - 28; if I go right away - which is the plan - I won’t begin the MA program until I’m 26, since all the programs I’m interested in only begin in the Fall semesters & I won’t even finish undergrad until next Winter. Consequently, there will be a ~6 month gap between end of undergrad and the start of my MA program, which’ll take about two years to do.

PhD - 31; 3 years post MA.

B.Mus. (we don’t generally say B.M. for, uh, reasons): 22 years 9 months
M.M. (that one’s not so much of a problem): 26 years 9 months

Two year gap when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do.

BA: 29 years
MA: 32 years

B.A. - 21 years, 6 months

I started the M.A. the following semester, but didn’t finish it then. Got married. Moved out of town. Came back. Got a divorce. New bf urged me to finish, so I did at 27 years, 6 months.
ETA: I’m curious as to the purpose of the question. What conclusions does the OP hope to draw?

21 and 24.

B.S. at 30, M.S. at 32.

BA and BS: 22 years 10 months
MA: 23 years 10 months

BS at 21 years, 1 month; MSPH at 24 years, 8 months.

BA at 21, MBA at 45.

BA: 21 years, 6 months
MBA: 30 years, 6 months

BA-LLB, 22 years 7 months.

Bar-at-Law 23 years 10 months.

Master of Laws: 27 years 3 months.

Did the Bar Course right after LLB (in England this is a Graduate level year long academic and vocational course).

The Masters was a research one done several years after I had already started practicing.

I was practicing throughout the LLM. In a different country. Fun times.

BA: 24yrs, 6mos.

Now that I think of it.

*My Dad did his masters, while a serving Army Officer

• My mother did hers while a College Tutor, and pregnant, she gave her final while expecting me, a fact she has never let me forget.

• My sister was also working throughout her LLM.

• My maternal GrandDad. His Masters was his work on the British contribution to the Manhattan Project.

My family is crazy.:smiley:

BA: 20 years 0 months
MBHR: 40 years 6 months

BA degree at 23. No Masters degree :slight_smile: