Survivor: China - Ep. 6: "That's Love, Baby! It Makes You Strong!"

Based on a single viewing last night, my take on the preview was that the remaining Zhan Hu’ers found the Fei Long HI among James’ stuff when he wasn’t around. If so, James could have both HIs by now.

Isn’t that against the rules? Didn’t they have it in one of those testimonials?

I dunno; obviously they went through Yau-Man’s stuff in Fiji and found his HII.

Well, it is hard keeping it secret if they leave a big discoloured square right there on the gate. As long as he still has it, I think he is better off with them knowing he has it.

Courtney regurgitated those eels as neatly as a cat could. Which is not at all a normal human trait – it takes YEARS of practice.
IOW, I’d bet large money that she’s bulemic.

FTR, I found Courney pretty attractive last night. Only if they focus on her face, though. If you can see her skeleton, the illusion is dispelled. She has a bit of a Winona Ryder thing going on.

I’m probably wrong here, but that’s not the way I saw it. My impression was that Todd kept the HII and just told James where to find the other one. And then in the previews it looked like Jaime had it. (shudder)

But as Batsinma Belfry said it also looked like it actually might not be an II.

Yeah, the Immunity Idol that Todd found had “Congratulations! You’ve found a Hidden Immunity Idol” clearly written on the back so I would think the one at Zhan Hu would be the same.

I don’t know. Courtney seems like much less of a threat in immunity challenges (plus I sure wouldn’t mind going up against her in a final vote). Strategy changes after a merge; it’s time to start taking out the athletes.

There’s no rule against going through someone’s belongings, except for the whole civilized behavior thing, but you can’t steal an immunity idol. It can be freely given away, but then the receiver is the new official owner, and you can’t take it back.

In the preview, it looked like Jaime & Erik were holding a plaque that didn’t have the “Congrats! I’m an immunity idol!” note on it. There are 2 plaques on the arch, aren’t there? Maybe they got the one off the wrong side.

James does not have two immunity idols. Todd told him about the one back at his camp, but Todd held onto the one he had. Todd then told his tribemates that he gave the idol to James so that they would go along with the plan to throw the challenge. Todd still has the one he found.

She’s on national TV as a lazy bitch parading around in her underwear. Yeah, that’s gonna be fun when she gets back to class.

I was wondering, logistically, how James was supposed to get the HII back to camp without anyone noticing. It doesn’t seem to be shaped ideally for hiding on one’s person.

I think that Jeff was also forcing his hand. He knew that James was trying to throw the challenge, and he kept asking Denise if she was going to give up.

No, I don’t think that is correct. Todd gave him the II that they found.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Changing your mind at TC is not a very smart thing to do-- you can’t be sure if others will change their minds, too.

Like I said, I think Todd is playing a great game. He’s probably right when he said he felt like he was the only one really playing it. But unless there’s something going on with Frosti that we don’t know about, he should’ve been the one voted off. He’ll be more of a threat in the ICs after the merge. But maybe he and Frosti have an understanding-- perhaps Todd will boot Courtney out of the alliance and replace her with Frosti. Still, I’d much rather have weak-as-shit Courtney around to compete against after the merge than Frosti.

Which he seems to be doing a lot, lately. That ticks me a bit. He shouldn’t be interfering this much in the game.

That’s very wicked if that is the case. We will see next week.

It would be too funny if the wimpbunch gets the wrong HII and get all cocky.

James said in a later confessional that Todd ave him the HII. So he definitely has it.

Yeah, James definitely has the idol. Todd even bitched a little after they lost the IC about how he wished he hadn’t given it to him.

What I found interesting is that Frosti seemed to be in all of the conversations Amanda and Todd had about “sticking to their original team”, etc. I think he is in tighter with that group than they are letting on. Which makes Courtney labeling herself an “outsider” even more idiotic than it already was.

I’m not sure how impressed I am by Todd’s strategy though. Wouldn’t it have been easier to just throw the challenge and keep the idol? Then you can vote off Sherea and have better numbers (plus the HII) at the merge. James knows where the other HII is (or at least should know) so you also have a reasonable chance of getting that for you alliance too. I think the preview is misleading - I bet Erik and Jaime just found the one James already had (or the second one).

Either way, I’m not really sure Todd lost much with his plan “backfiring” this week. He grew his alliance (by firming up James and adding Frosti) and has at least one HII for his alliance. Also, he’s not seen as a physical threat so looks good for final 5 at least. The only downside is now a huge individual threat also has a HII so it could be hard to get rid of him (unless he can get him to give it back - not too hard to imagine considering what we’ve seen of James sense of morality).

Big winners = James, Frosti
Big loser = Courtney

I would take that bet… she is clearly anorexic, but has perfected purging for those moments when she has to appear to enjoy food consumption.

Does anybody besides me get the feeling that Amanda is controlling the game more than we’ve been led to believe? I was kinda surprised that she managed to convince Todd into voting for Sherea when we were at least led to believe that he was going to vote for John-Robert. Is she really the one pulling all the strings rather than Todd? Ah, maybe it’s just me. :slight_smile:

Oh, and Burnett, take Amanda’s swimsuit away and make her wear the little pink shorts all the time. Thanks.