Survivor: Philippines, 'Little Miss Perfect' [spoilers]

Good point; hadn’t considered that.

I dunno; now that Skupin and Penner found themselves on the same side of a vote, I can see them sticking together. Carter hasn’t shown anything that would lead me to believe he’s not easily lead, so yeah, his vote is apparently up for grabs. I see Malcolm & Denise voting together more or less aligned with Penner & Skupin, with Carter mostly following Penner and Abi & Pete on the outside. Lisa is a wild card now that her precious original alliance is kaput. I wonder if “staying true” will lead her to vote with a solid minority or - gasp - scheming with her Tandang tribe mates to somehow turn the tables.

Exactly; she’s there for pure entertainment value at this point. I don’t mind seeing her go to the final because I don’t see her winning; she’s basically a strategy placeholder for the remaining players.

Yeah, seems like the only times we really saw him he was sniping at Skupin.

I’m surprised none of the ladies are gushing over Malcom. Fanservice to the extreme, showing him charming the school kids and then cut to the shirtless confessional: “I taught elementary school in Malaysia for a year.”

I rolled my eyes so hard they almost popped out of my head.

Yeah, I cracked up during that conversation when it came out that Lisa didn’t have a clue that Penner is an actor. “How do you know this?!” Penner’s pained reaction was priceless, fully embodying all the insecurity he was just describing.

It was a throwaway line at an appropriate time it’s not like he’s inserting it into every conversation, why would that cause the extreme :rolleyes:?

On the good news front it looks like Thanksgiving week will NOT be a recap episode.

Titled “Whiners are Wieners,” CBS says the “Castaways compete for a luxurious spa getaway and tempers flare when one castaway returns with a full belly and a bitter attitude.” Any predictions on what’s gonna happen based on that brief tease?

Bets on who the whiner is? Bets? If you’re having trouble this screen cap from the promo for next weeks episode should help.

LOL Priceless! :smiley:

I had no idea Penner was an actor. What does it list as his occupation, when they put up the normal name/occupation graphic on screen?

Usually returnee I think.

Here is Penner’s big movie.

I know him from Rude Awakening, which I was a fan of. It ran for (apparently) 55 episodes, and the two headliners were Penner and the chick from Twin Peaks.

Basically, Penner isn’t a barely-there extra, he was legit.

And according to his IMDB page Penner was nominated for an Oscar?!? Who knew?

Well, he’s got the lead locked up should they ever decide to make that Alan Alda biopic.

I was bored to tears during those scenes. Yeah, it’s interesting seeing him work her over, but it came off more as a “emotional” moment rather than a strategy one, and stretched out waaayy too long. Nothing else happened that day that was important before the reward challenge?

I kinda get the feeling Artis was edited as a villain to simplify the storylines. Betting he wasn’t too bad a guy on the show (not that he didn’t have his jerkish moments).

While it was nice to knock out one of the Bullies, from a strategic standpoint, it wouldn’t have been necessarily a bad idea for Lisa & Skupin to sit on the notion. They could have waited until the other tribe was down to, say, Malcolm & Denise, and then flip and still have a 4-3 advantage, be almost assured of making the Final 4. Of course, best laid plans often get wiped out on Survivor.

Yep. All it would take would be for Denise or Malcolm to win a Reward Challenge and not invite Abi Normal to go along. And since they are obvious physical threats, the others would agree to vote him or her out. Their physical prowess is already going to become a problem for them, and they might consider toning it down for RCs.

It would be nice to take Abi to the end knowing that absolutely no one would vote to give her a cookie let alone a million dollars but no one but Pete has a shot at doing it. If they vote Pete off she’ll be all over the place completely uncontrollable. Nothing would be secret if she found out it would be chaos. Fun to watch but a crazy decision for any of the group.

The strategy I would try if I were Penner:

Get Lisa to commit, then split your votes on Pete and Abi – and be sure Abi knows about it. Then she’ll have to play her idol and Pete goes.

Next let her stew and aim for Malcolm and Lisa. Couch it to the other as necessary, they’re just too well liked to let them get to the end game. If that works out, then go after Denise and Matt.

His ideal final Three: himself, Skupin, and Abi.

I really suspect that’s the only grouping that would allow him to win the vote.