[QUOTE=Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor]
Those filthy Neutrals!
You can’t trust em.
With an enemy, you know where you stand.
But the sneakiness of Neutrals makes them too unscrutable to turn your back on…
[/QUOTE]
What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
[QUOTE=Sal Ammoniac]
I like the fact that they were carrying assault rifles – but no ammunition. In a fight between the Swiss and the Japanese, who would win?
[/QUOTE]
Hey, I have no idea about the army, but I’ll place my bets on their navies.
[QUOTE=Sal Ammoniac]
I like the fact that they were carrying assault rifles – but no ammunition. In a fight between the Swiss and the Japanese, who would win?
[/QUOTE]
Do the Japanese have Godzilla as part of their arsenal? I think that’s a crucial factor.
[QUOTE=Sunrazor]
The Swiss have a Navy? Who knew?
[/QUOTE]
Well, don’t forget that Capt. Wilhelm von Trapp (he who Solve[d] a Problem like Maria by Climb[ing] Ev’ry Mountain with her, presumably trampling all the Edelweiss…) was retired from the Austrian Navy. And, of course, the Regent of Hungary (between the wars, Hungary operated on the principle that the most effective way to run a government was to have the trappings of a monarchy without the problems associated with actually letting the monarch across the border into he country) was Admiral Horthy. There are also ocean-going ships flying the Swiss flag, which can come up the Rhine to Basel. So apparently being landlocked in Europe doesn’t mean what it does elsewhere. (I shall carefully avoid bringing up the time the Paraguayan cavalry charged a U.S. Navy gunboat, or the Chileño Indians who raided the grounded steam frigate.)
[QUOTE=Sal Ammoniac]
I like the fact that they were carrying assault rifles – but no ammunition.
[/QUOTE]
What do they need with ammunition? They have those funky little knives with deadly weapons, such as the corkscrew.
[QUOTE=Maureen]
Hey, don’t knock it. Personally, I think that’s the best way to conduct an invasion. You wander in, look around, enjoy the day, wander back out. And I bet it didn’t cost any $3B, either.
[/QUOTE]
What sort of idiotic country would waste $3B on an invasion?
What no mention of the Swiss Guard yet? I always wondered if the Halberd have tools built into them also.
You know, once you’ve accidentally invaded, you might as well accidentally conquer it. I mean how much of an army can Liechtenstein have? A couple weightlifters and a gardner with a rake? You could probably overwhelm their forces with a liquored-up pee-wee football team.
According to Richard Armour in It All Started With Stones And Clubs, Hitler’s forces overran Lichtenstein in a single day during WWII … then checked their maps and came back more slowly.
[QUOTE=Polycarp]
Well, don’t forget that Capt. Wilhelm von Trapp (he who Solve[d] a Problem like Maria by Climb[ing] Ev’ry Mountain with her, presumably trampling all the Edelweiss…) was retired from the Austrian Navy.[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]
I cannot believe I am actually writing a post discussing the naval history in a cheesy musical, but when I saw that movie I assumed he had been in the Austro-Hungarian Navy.
[QUOTE=slaphead]
I cannot believe I am actually writing a post discussing the naval history in a cheesy musical, but when I saw that movie I assumed he had been in the Austro-Hungarian Navy.
[/QUOTE]
As for the “accidental” invasion of Liechtenstein: no wonder the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists has moved the minute hand of their famous clock a little closer to midnight… :eek:
As for the “accidental” invasion of Liechtenstein: no wonder the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists has moved the minute hand of their famous clock a little closer to midnight… :eek:
[/QUOTE]