Swiss Accidentally Invade Liechtenstein

[QUOTE=Sal Ammoniac]
F-18’s in tunnels? Where would they land?
[/QUOTE]

I thought that as soon as I posted. Perhaps the roads? Or are they all supposed to eject when their fuel runs out (like merchant escorts from WWII)

Is the Swiss Army one big survivalist movement as suggested above?

I like their recruiting slogan: Adventure! Danger! Romansh!

[QUOTE=Slithy Tove]
I like their recruiting slogan: Adventure! Danger! Romansh!
[/QUOTE]

I heard that Guns! Warplanes! Touristenfahrten! didn’t even make it out of committee.

[QUOTE=SCSimmons]
According to Richard Armour in It All Started With Stones And Clubs, Hitler’s forces overran Lichtenstein in a single day during WWII … then checked their maps and came back more slowly.
[/QUOTE]

The anecdote is actually about Luxembourg. Hitler never invaded Liechtenstein, although he might have if Operation Tannenbaum had gone into effect. Seeing as Liechtenstein is even smaller than Luxembourg, the Nazis would probably have gone so fast they’d accidentially invade Mussolini.

I am not so sure which would be more embarrassing … not noticing until too late you were invading, or not noticing you were invaded :eek:

I can just see it now … some little border posting

Guard to superior; Sir, I think we were invaded last night …

Superior to guard: How can you tell?

Guard to superior: Well, I walked into the booth this morning, and there was a letter apologizing for the invasion, and a lot of chocolate wrappers in the trash …

[QUOTE=Miller]
In fact, having a good army is pretty much a requirement for being neutral.
[/QUOTE]

Alternatively, having the bank accounts of the worlds most powerful people is also quite a handy defence.