[QUOTE=erie774]
OK all you liberals who go on and on about how heartless the conservatives, especially religious ones, are: why aren’t you giving more? According to Albert C. Brooks , secular liberals give less money to charities compared to conservatives who practice religion!
So, all of those evil “fundie” conservatives are willing to give to charities while the good, caring liberals don’t. Yet liberals are so quick to jump all over conservatives as being heartless and uncaring.
In some ways I am pretty conservative (when it comes to fiscal responsibility and defense) but I am more liberal socially (equal rights for all including same sex marriage, true equal pay). I give of my time and wallet to help various charities. And before you try claiming I do it for a tax write-off, while it is true I can and sometimes do declare my donations, more times than not I forget to get or lose my receipts so I can’t declare my donations of money, belongings or effects.
I want to know what the liberals on this board are actively doing to help out. I want to hear how you give. If you aren’t giving, then you shouldn’t be griping about what others are or aren’t doing. Put up or shut up, libs!
[/QUOTE]
2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace
Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us